Mosti Mondiale Recommendations on starting 1st Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashton Hammar

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am still sitting on a few of my country wines (Blackberry, Pumpkin, and Beet) and I thought I would start my first wine kit.

So, I was hoping to get a few recommendations on 'easy' beginner level wine kits that are fairly 'screw-up' proof!
smiley1.gif

Haven't really met a varietal I don' like but I was looking for maybe a Cab Franc, Malbec, or Cab Sav? Any recommendations would be much appreciated - there are SO many choices.

Thanks!

I have been told by many that the MM Vinifera Noble make a pretty good wine but personally for thew price difference I would go with the MM Renaissance. The MM Ren. Cab/Sauv is at a very nice price right now too as its one of many wine of the months.

If you can follow directions they are all easy to make. Go for what your budget will allow and get the highest end kit you can afford. You won't be disappointed,and help is always here if you have questions.

Wade and JWMN are both right on. I have made both the Renaissance and MM VN wines and both equally as good. As far as directions, they are pretty straight forward.

Good luck with your first wine kit!!
smiley4.gif

If you want to taste the wine and see how it comes out sooner rather than later, I would suggest the VN cab. It will be ready sooner, the investment is lower and you get to drink it earlier to see if you like it. There is a thread by WhineMaker on the forums that describes his journey. If you want to do a Renaissance kit you can't go wrong with the Amarone. This is a great wine kit!

John

Or you could buy both. ake & bottle the VN and while you are enjoying that one start on the Renaissance Amarone so it can get some aging time. I haven't tried any of the VN kits but the Ren. Amarone is fantastic.
VPC

I have made both the Mosti VN Franc Sauvignon and the Mosti Renaissance Amarone. Both are excellent and the Amarone is Astounding! The body is unbelievable in the VN Franc/Sauv for an inexpensive wine. I would do as previously suggested and try to make both.

Latest posts

Back