Other Beginner 1 gallon red kit recommendation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddnamehere

Junior
Reaction score
As a beginner I am a littler wary of starting with a 5 or 6 gallon kit and I was wondering what everybody would recommend for a 1 gallon kit. I have made a number of fruit wines and some mead and want to jump into making a red wine, something like a Cab. I have most of the supplies that I need I just need the grape.

If you have successfully made fruit wines and mead, making a kit is actually easier. Follow the instructions and you'll do fine. I suggest Finer Wine Kits, Winexpert, and RJ Spagnols. FWK has a series of videos on YouTube where Matteo (FWK) and Matt (Label Peelers) walk through making a kit, and FWK's instructions are the best on the market IMO.

I am writing a series of posts that go into great detail on making FWK.

https://wine.bkfazekas.com/wines-in-detail/
If after watching the videos you're still wary, get a 1 gallon kit from a reputable vendor. Small kits are less common, so you have less choice.

Thanks for the replies. My only reservation about going the 6 gallon route is volume. Watching the videos and reading lots of posts on here I have been leaning toward a Finer Wine Cab. I just need to pull the trigger on the kit and a larger carboy, I have the bucket.

Back