WineXpert Received an WE open kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffalofrenchy

Reaction score
I received a kit today from LP.
When I open the shipping box, inside was the eclipse box kit that I ordered but the eclipse box was open already. Labels are missing.
Now I would like to verify if I even have the right juice. I didn't take the bag out of the box yet. Is there a stamp or marking somewhere on the bag to indicate what juice is inside the bag?

I believe that there should be a product number/code stamped on every item. I don't have anything accessible right now, but if you can't clearly infer/figure it out from what's on there, ask WE customer support to verify the contents based on those part numbers. You may also want to contact LP and mention the opened box.

Definatly get on the phone with label peelers and let them know the labels were missing too. Make sure you go over the what's included in your kit to make sure there's nothing else your missing they will make it right.

I have an Eclipse Riesling, Pinot Gris and a cab sav that I haven't started yet. If one of those matches what you ordered let me know & I'll see what's in my kit

BTW I took the juice bag out of the box to check for markings... I found some sort of stamp on the bag. I also found the wine labels at the bottom of the box so there were under the juice bag.
So good news is I think I got everything but I am not fond at the idea of receiving an open box and with the wine labels below the juice now wonder if someone actually took the juice out of the box and what for and is it the right juice...
Maybe I think too much about it...

The risk you have is that the juice bag is not tamper resistant - like a milk jug where you have to pull off the tab in order to remove the cap. As such, there is no way to confirm that the juice bag was not tampered with after the box was opened.

BTW: I think it is an FDA requirement that the juice bag be traceable in case there is a recall. So, there should be some markings on the bag that WE can confirm that it is the correct product. Unfortunately, it is hard to see dark print on a clear bag when the contents is dark too.

BTW I took the juice bag out of the box to check for markings... I found some sort of stamp on the bag. I also found the wine labels at the bottom of the box so there were under the juice bag.
So good news is I think I got everything but I am not fond at the idea of receiving an open box and with the wine labels below the juice now wonder if someone actually took the juice out of the box and what for and is it the right juice...
Maybe I think too much about it...

Just to rest your mind. I inventoried both kits I received yesterday. Each was sealed and still in an LD Carlson shipping box (I.e. They were straight from the distributor, and likely the manufacturer in this condition). Each had the labels at the bottom of the box, under the juice.

Contact Matt at LP and tell him your concerns. He'll make it right for you.

As far as the open box, though, a question: does the box look like it was torn open, or does it look more like the glue they used to seal the box just didn't get the job done?

FYI... The four WE kits I got from LP, delivered yesterday, were unopened and were plastic shrink wrapped.Was your box shrink wrapped?

I ordered 3 kits. All had the shipping box from LD carlson. None were shrink wrapped. Only one was open. I don't know if it was manually open or if the glue didn't hold. I will take a look after work. They are tough to open so it might be visible if someone pulled it open.

I ordered 3 kits. All had the shipping box from LD carlson. None were shrink wrapped. Only one was open. I don't know if it was manually open or if the glue didn't hold. I will take a look after work. They are tough to open so it might be visible if someone pulled it open.

That's what I'm thinking. Mine (like the above comment) were shrink wrapped, too. I'd definitely call LP and get it worked out.

My experience with Label Peelers has been nothing but very positive. I suggest contacting them if you have any concerns and I am sure they will make it right for you.

I also have always had very good service from label peelers... Excellent service 100%

Lots of people posting comments on how excellent of a service LP provided to them... It feels like I am offending people by saying that I received an open eclipse box?
Furthermore what do you mean by "excellent service"? You paid for a kit and you received what you paid for. Should I claim I received excellent service from Walmart if I pay for a gallon of milk and leave the store with the one gallon that I paid for?

Anyway, I called and they down played it claiming it's okay and that I should not worry about it. It is probably true and I am not that worried about it but I still think it's odd to ship a top of the line product in an open container. Not one of us would have left the store with that kit if we bought it in person.

I won't go into details but several times accommodations were made for me in the name of good customer service beyond that expected. All communications with them have been prompt , friendly and helpful. No one is doubting you received an open box and I understand your surprise and concern. I am a HUGE stickler for customer service. I have worked in very demanding customer service atmospheres and one thing I cannot tolerate is poor customer service. I am only speaking of my personal experiences with them which have been very good. If the inventory is complete and undamaged I would relax and get your wine bubblin'. Cheers

Lots of people posting comments on how excellent of a service LP provided to them... It feels like I am offending people by saying that I received an open eclipse box?

Not at all. I think the collective experience with LP has been a good one and you shouldn't worry about them making right right. That can't be said for every online retailer. Some will say, "not my problem, you need to talk to the manufacturer." Seriously, it happens.

Latest posts

Back