REady to Go!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone has a big job ahead!

Hope you have all the required equipment and supplies, which you will need, already on hand.

Good luck and have fun.

Just ordered 720 lbs of Muscat/Alicante. Delivery in 3 weeks.

Do you plan on blending the two grapes? I only ask because this sounds like a recipe that we used to make many years ago. We would use either the Alicante or Zinfandel, whichever my Grandfatther thought was the best value. We did a 3:1 ratio of red to white. If you are blending, what is your ratio?

Do you plan on blending the two grapes? I only ask because this sounds like a recipe that we used to make many years ago. We would use either the Alicante or Zinfandel, whichever my Grandfatther thought was the best value. We did a 3:1 ratio of red to white. If you are blending, what is your ratio?

We're doing half and half.

Whoa! That is going to have some punch! The Muscat us usually higher in sugar so you will really have a nice wine, not for the Faint of Heart!

A couple more questions, if you don't mind. In a previous post on another site, the question was asked, "Do you make both wines separately and then blend them or do you blend all the grapes up front and let them co-ferment?" We always did the latter and I still do. How do you do it? Also, where are you located, if you don't mind?

Whoa! That is going to have some punch! The Muscat us usually higher in sugar so you will really have a nice wine, not for the Faint of Heart!

A couple more questions, if you don't mind. In a previous post on another site, the question was asked, "Do you make both wines separately and then blend them or do you blend all the grapes up front and let them co-ferment?" We always did the latter and I still do. How do you do it? Also, where are you located, if you don't mind?

We will blend the grapes up front and co-ferment.

I'm located in Delaware County PA, right outside Philadelphia.

Well good luck with your wine. I am sure it will be great. I have tried to replicate our blend by getting a Zinfandel kit and Muscat concentrate. It came out pretty good, if I say so myself. I have not gone back to grapes yet and I doubt that I ever will at my age. I still have my press but, in a moment of idiocy, I sold my crusher. :slp

Coincidentally, I live in Delaware County, Ohio, just outside of Columbus.

Come on Rocky get a freind to help you.You say your too old,my uncle was crushing grapes till he was 90.Just do smaller batches.

Latest posts

Back