Raspberry Wine ..Im Trying!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorosco

Reaction score
Ok just reading everything on this forum makes my mouth water!!! So I am gonna try my first Fruit wine using the Vintner's Harvest Fruit Wine Base Raspberry this weekend.. I will have ohhhhh prob...about 10000 questions!! ......I ordered all the chemicals from the toy store this Morning talked to Mark....
smiley4.gif

Hey bmorosco, I love raspberry, but haven't made any as of yet,so keep us informed on how things go. I'm trying my first with Boysenberry. Yep! I'm hooked to this forum and wine making too!
smiley4.gif

Hi bmorosco, please let me know if there is fruit in the Raspberry one,
be aware you might need a fine mesh fermenting bag with that. Let me
know how it smells and tastes right out of the can so that I can judge
if this is going to have a nice strong taste. The Black currant comes
out awesome and has no fruit, the cranberry has fruit and smells and
tastes strong out of the can but it is still in the carboy. The
Marionberry was very weak right out of the can and I screwed that up
and it went down the drain.

Look around the forumhere for Bill B to get some insight on Raspberry wine. He makes the best I ever tasted, plus he is one of the most knowledgeable winemakers I have had the pleasure to meet. He won't steer you wrong.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

RASPBERRIESREDFLOWERS.gif

Love Raspberry Wine, we make it with fresh/frozen fruit....the first one I made was with Raspberry and Apple, then made one with Raspberry/Rhubarb/Red Grape and then a Raspberry/Red Grape concentrate....liked them all.....
Got another Raspberry/Red Grape going now, racked it today and tasted it...had a tiny bit of oak in it for a short time, didn't notice the oak....this is probably our favorite as we like red wine....the flavor of raspberries are so intense is seems to burst in your mouth...
Hope your fruit base wines turn out good...I am thinking of trying some of those fruit bases, like some of the fruits I can't grow....
smiley17.gif

wadewade said:
Hi bmorosco, please let me know if there is fruit in the Raspberry one,
be aware you might need a fine mesh fermenting bag with that. Let me
know how it smells and tastes right out of the can so that I can judge
if this is going to have a nice strong taste. The Black currant comes
out awesome and has no fruit, the cranberry has fruit and smells and
tastes strong out of the can but it is still in the carboy. The
Marion berry was very weak right out of the can and I screwed that up

CRANBERRIES2.gif

Do you think the Cranberry Puree is better than using fresh berries???That sounds like a good wine to make...for next years Holiday Seasons...

What is Marion berry???? I want to get a puree of a good tasting fruit...think it will be the Black Currant that everyone is raving about...we like dry heavy red wines....

I think with this one I will take pictures each step of the way.... I will definately keep you all informed.. About the straining bag I called the Toy Store today and I told Mark what I was doing and he asked George and he added a large straining bag to my order...
smiley32.gif

wadewade said:
The Marionberry was very weak right out of the can and I screwed that up

Okay...I looked up Marionberries as I couldn't stand it any more....they look like a Blackberry...sound wonderful!!! Look like Logan Berries too...

http://www.marionberries.com/

Edited by: Northern Winos

Okay...I looked up Marionberries as I couldn't stand it any more....they look like a Blackberry...sound wonderful!!! Look like Logan Berries too...

http://www.marionberries.com/

[/QUOTE]

Ok are they a sweet berry or are they tart? Actually I did not know they existed until you brought them up....I learn something every day on this site..........THIS IS AN EDUCATIONAL EXPERINCE!!! haha we should get college credits for some of this....
smiley36.gif

If you really want to get into Raspberry wines, Walker's Fruit Farms in NY have Red Raspberry juice available in 5 gallon pails at a reasonable price. Actually, they offer about 12 different fruit juices and about 30 different grape juices by the 5 gallon pail. You won't be disappointed,

http://www.walkersfruitbasket.com

Otto
smiley20.gif

Otto said:
If you really want to get into Raspberry wines, Walker's Fruit Farms in NY have Red Raspberry juice available in 5 gallon pails at a reasonable price. Actually, they offer about 12 different fruit juices and about 30 different grape juices by the 5 gallon pail. You won't be disappointed,http://www.walkersfruitbasket.comOtto
smiley20.gif

Otto....I checked out that Site...very interesting...would love to live near there and pickup some juices.
I wrote to them to see what delivery would be on 5 gallon pails, as well asked to be put on their newsletter/recipes list...
Thanks!!!

I heard back from Walkers Fruit Basket right away, guess the shipping would be $25.95 per 5 gallon bucket to Minnesota...they weight 49 pounds....

I just checked out that sight also. I'll have to look at my map and see if maybe its worth a road trip.

Ok I Mapquested it.......

<DIV =time>

Total Est. Time: 3 hours, 53 minutes
Total Est. Distance:237.94 miles
<DIV =dist>

smiley18.gif
smiley18.gif

Latest posts

Back