raisins in wine recipes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caroline

Junior
Reaction score
Some of the recipes I am going to try include raisins. The only ones I can find have a fine layer of vegetable oil covering them as preservative. Would this interfere with the wine quality. Even after rinsing them several times there is still a film of oil in the rinsing water. Any advice please.

Rinse well under hot water, chop them up and they'll be fine. Sunmaid have an all natural product available with no oil, they are the darker raisins.

Allie

Thanks. I can't find Sunmaid ,they dont stock them at my local supermarket so will just wash them thoroughly.

Sice I have never used this product with this film I dont want to give you the wrong answer.

Thanks. I can't find Sunmaid ,they dont stock them at my local supermarket so will just wash them thoroughly.

Are there any "Whole Foods" or health stores near you? They should have something.

It used to be that all you could get in a raisin range was ones preserved with oil and sulpher fumes. I've used this type of raisins in wine with no issues,

just wash well in hot water, get them as oil free as possible before using.

Allie

Latest posts

Back