Raisin Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueMac

Reaction score
Hello.
Looking for Raisin Wine recipe. Checked mywinerecipes.com and no luck. I have send a message to Polish Wine Princess as ina previous post she said that she had one.
I do have a book called Mary's Recipes that has a Raisin Wine and I have found some on the internet...Looking for one that's tried and true. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

Thanks Vpc. Yes, I have the recipe from Jack Keller's site, too.
All the recipes that I've come across seem fairly similar. Just wondering
if someone has a recipe that they can personally rave about...
smiley1.gif

Question:
Is it safe to pour boiling water over the raisins and sugar in a plastic primary fermentation bucket? I was thinking of using my SS beer making pot and then transfer to plastic primary when somewhat cooled. Any thoughts on that?

Yes, you can pour boiling water into the plastic fermenter - I have done it several times with no problems - good luck!

I poured boiling water over raisins in a plastic primary....Then I snapped the lid on........
Later....
smiley3.gif
.....when the mixture cooled it contracted and the primary had a waistline...

Who would have thought the lid with a solid bung would have been that air tight....

It was still warm when I found it and it did bounce back into shape when I opened it.

Do not snap the lid on</font> unless you have an air leak for fresh air to come in and replace the hot air.

Wayne and NW:

Thanks for the info. Some recipes call for using a stainless steel pot, let cool and add to plastic primary. Others call for adding boiling water to plastic primary and then cover with sanitized cloth until cools...

Latest posts

Back