RACKS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you buy one of those little mini lathes from Woodcraft or
Woodworkers Supply mag.? If you go to a hardwood lumber store you ca
ask them to save you the little cut-offs. My old boss used to get a
couple of boxes a month of some really exotic woods free like that.
They used to give him Zebra wood, Bubinga, Rosewood, Anegra, Puple
Heart and the likes. I have some Rosewood at home if you would like
some.

Edited by: wade

When we moved here we had an auction and sold a big box of 'sheds' we had found out in the fields...he kept all the racks he had shot, but the sheds had no sentimental value...now he has started collecting them again, he said he want to carve on them, not sure what but that's his plan.
We have sawn them into disks and made buttons before and used some small ones for door pulls....a Friend took some to make into knife handles, those turned out real nice...he had the blunt end as the handle, and the rest was left natural.

A pen sounds interesting, but they don't have any grain to them...some are almost soft inside.....the interesting part is the outside and the part that is against the skull.....will keep that in mind tho...
smiley1.gif

April 4th and snowing in Dayton, Ohio! 80 degrees yesterday and 29 right now!

We had snow last weekend and then cold temps...hard on the moral...the lawn rake looks funny with snow around it...

Today was the first day this week that we didn't have fresh snow on the ground when I got up, I can hear all the replies already about what can expect living in Canada. It's ok though because I love snow.

It's been snowing here for the past two days. We are planning one final ski trip this weekend before it all melts.....

Latest posts

Back