WineXpert Probably a stupid question....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBHarris

Junior
Reaction score
Just got done w/primary fermentation of a WE Woodbridge Ranch Cab...SG was .990, should I skip step 2 and go to stabilising and clearing or wait the 10 days??

I'd wait at least a couple days and verify the SG 2-3 days in a row just to be sure the reading is correct. How long was it in the primary?

Smurfe

I would wait at least6 days and this will guarantee the fermentation is complete and SG is stable The extra time will also allow some natural degassing to make this step easier.

My personal opinion is that you should not attempt to degas and stabilize any kit wine sooner than 15 days from when you start.

JB,

I haven't been a member here very long, butone thing I've learned is that there is no such thing as a stupid question on this board. The people here are great, and seem to like helping each other and answering questions ALMOST as much as actually making wine.
smiley36.gif

I am really learning a lot from y'all, keep it up! I look forward to when I can be as much help to othersas y'all.

Back