WineXpert Private Reserve Adelaide Hills Sauvignon Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

iagowasframed

Junior
Reaction score
I saw this on labelpeelers and was thinking of making it. I'm trying to make a crisp SB because that's what my wife likes(like Kim Crawford). I just started a finer wine SB but so far I haven't had any luck making what I'm looking for. Anyone have any advice?

Bmd2k1

Reaction score
About the zest of 1/2 a grapefruit you can always add more later if you need it , adds a brightness to the finish actually an citrus acids quite nice on the backend
Joe -- is the grapefruit zest added during primary fermentation?

Cheers!

Reaction score
I resently made a WE Private Reserve Marlboro Sauvignon Blanc. I normally add citrus zest to most white wine kits. This was a premium kit so I decided to do it straight up. My wife said it’s the best white wine I’ve made and she like it crisp and bright too.

joeswine

joeswine
Reaction score
Next time buy a cheaper kit same style and in the primary either add peaches or apricots crests a very different profile and very smooth , just a thought?

Reaction score
Next time buy a cheaper kit same style and in the primary either add peaches or apricots crests a very different profile and very smooth , just a thought?
I’m not sure you were responding to my post but the WE SauvBlanc kit i did I got through a CL add. $50 for a couple of carboys, couple of hydrometers some bottles and two kits. The guy had bought a lot of equipment from someone else and didn’t do wine so he was getting rid of stuff he didn’t want. As someone here said at the time, I should have worn a mask when I robbed him.
Also this:
My wife said it’s the best white wine I’ve made
It may be a case of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it but I think I will buy another one in the future.