WineXpert Private Reserve Adelaide Hills Sauvignon Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iagowasframed

Junior
Reaction score
I saw this on labelpeelers and was thinking of making it. I'm trying to make a crisp SB because that's what my wife likes(like Kim Crawford). I just started a finer wine SB but so far I haven't had any luck making what I'm looking for. Anyone have any advice?

About the zest of 1/2 a grapefruit you can always add more later if you need it , adds a brightness to the finish actually an citrus acids quite nice on the backend
Joe -- is the grapefruit zest added during primary fermentation?

Cheers!

I resently made a WE Private Reserve Marlboro Sauvignon Blanc. I normally add citrus zest to most white wine kits. This was a premium kit so I decided to do it straight up. My wife said it’s the best white wine I’ve made and she like it crisp and bright too.

Next time buy a cheaper kit same style and in the primary either add peaches or apricots crests a very different profile and very smooth , just a thought?

Next time buy a cheaper kit same style and in the primary either add peaches or apricots crests a very different profile and very smooth , just a thought?
I’m not sure you were responding to my post but the WE SauvBlanc kit i did I got through a CL add. $50 for a couple of carboys, couple of hydrometers some bottles and two kits. The guy had bought a lot of equipment from someone else and didn’t do wine so he was getting rid of stuff he didn’t want. As someone here said at the time, I should have worn a mask when I robbed him.
Also this:
My wife said it’s the best white wine I’ve made
It may be a case of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it but I think I will buy another one in the future.

Latest posts

Back