RJ Spagnols Pouring RJS Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsbeckton

Reaction score
WE has some perforations on the top of the box that allow you to punch out a hole that helps you use the box as a pouring device.

RJS has no such feature and I have yet to gracefully pour one into my fermentation bucket. Are there any tips or tricks out there or are you just using a siphon instead of trying to pour?

WE has some perforations on the top of the box that allow you to punch out a hole that helps you use the box as a pouring device.

RJS has no such feature and I have yet to gracefully pour one into my fermentation bucket. Are there any tips or tricks out there or are you just using a siphon instead of trying to pour?
Just use a siphon i spilled a bit when i tried anything else. Trust me it stains like hell and is sticky as hell just siphon it with a siphon cleaned with star san

I suppose you could also save a WE box of similar (or larger) volume and put the RJS bag in it for pouring.

I had a similar misfire with a Master Vintner Cherie Merlot kit a few months ago, as they don't provide the notch either. Thankfully, I've managed to not have any mishaps with the couple of RJS kits I've done that were 10L or 12L. But 16L and 18L kits are definitely more challenging to handle gracefully.

Get someone to lend an extra hand. Even the 23L juice bags from MM are manageable with two people.

I ended up just using the siphon as it just seemed like anything else might get messy.

Back