Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my idea for some sparkling banana wine I made last year that I will dégorge this spring and another batch in primary.

image.jpg

@geek: I really like the label for your Sangria! Did you print them yourself or were they professionally done? I really like the casual style.

@sour_grapes: That is a cute label!

Here is my idea for some sparkling banana wine I made last year that I will dégorge this spring and another batch in primary.
Love the bubbles on the label! And sparkling banana sounds delicious. We've played around with banana wine a few times, and it always seems like it needs to be sweeter than I prefer to be balanced. But a little sweeter would lend itself very well to a sparkling wine; I may have to try that! :h

Label paper and printing - 2 questions

Where do you buy the paper for labels?
Is there any special ink or printing process to prevent the ruining of labels in a refrigerator?

Thanks!

Where do you buy the paper for labels?
Is there any special ink or printing process to prevent the ruining of labels in a refrigerator?

Thanks!

I buy mine on line, I use 6 to a page 8164 generic labels.

If you use a ink jet printer you can keep them from running by spraying them with hair spray.

I use laser, better resolution and hold up better.

Nothing fancy, just fun for the family and I to enjoy! (Wish I knew how to take watermarks out) I have others that are more "professional" looking that I'll post later! But this label pretty much sums up most of my week! LOL

Love the bubbles on the label! And sparkling banana sounds delicious. We've played around with banana wine a few times, and it always seems like it needs to be sweeter than I prefer to be balanced. But a little sweeter would lend itself very well to a sparkling wine; I may have to try that! :h

Thanks! I was pretty happy with how it came out (label). I also stole a bottle early on after it was carbed up, and man, it is good. Its more of a clean, sweet sparkling wine than something that screams BANANA at you with every sip. Its quite good. I just made a 5.5 gallon batch last week that was made without the banana skins, and is much paler so far in the ferment. It will be interesting to sample side by side in a year or two. I haven't tried it yet, but somehow it seems like it would make a great mimosa. We'll see :)

Back