Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, if I recall correctly, "Broad Run Cellars" was related somehow to where you formerly lived. Do I have that right? Of course, you have now moved. However, with 1000 custom corks, I realize there is a great incentive to keep the same name. So, are you at all inclined to come up with a new name?

Jim, if I recall correctly, "Broad Run Cellars" was related somehow to where you formerly lived. Do I have that right? Of course, you have now moved. However, with 1000 custom corks, I realize there is a great incentive to keep the same name. So, are you at all inclined to come up with a new name?

Broad Run was the stream that ran behind our old place. But I like the name, so I'm keeping it. :D

ImageUploadedByWine Making1443717915.171994.jpg
Bottled one from my secondary to quench me till the rest is done clearing in 3 weeks.
The writing is in Coptic which is the native language of Egypt. I am a Coptic Orthodox Christian Native Egyptian.
The writing says
"Wine of the Mother of God" (St. Mary) great communion wine too!

View attachment 25049

The writing is in Coptic which is the native language of Egypt. I am a Coptic Orthodox Christian Native Egyptian.
The writing says
"Wine of the Mother of God" (St. Mary)

Very interesting! When you first posted it (without this explanation) a few days ago, I tried to decode it. I assumed that the script was Cyrillic, and was trying to map it to the Greek alphabet, then to our normal Roman alphabet. However, I got stuck in my tracks, because I thought that second letter was a gamma. That gives you something like Ognrp, which I could not understand.

So now, I just looked at a Coptic alphabet, and see that second letter is epsilon, so the word starts out Oun- or Oen-, which we oenophiles will (obviously) see is the root of wine. I must admit that I still find that ending of -rp a little jarring: Oenrp :D

With this additional info, I can easily see the last word starts out Theo-. Am I correct in inferring that -tokos is "mother"? Or, perhaps, is it only the -okos part? (I know I could google -- but this is more fun!)

Sour grapes! This is awesome!!
soo close! It's pronounced
oweerp ente tea theotokos!
Wine Of The mother of God

Theo meaning God and tokos literally meaning "birth giver" this is a Greek word! Coptic has roots of Latin , Greek and the native pharaonic language!
The second letter epsilon is used as the letter "W" "V" "U" depending on the word and its placement in that word.

There is no n in the first word. The second letter is pronounced like a W so ou-weerp is the correct pronunciation!

the ' which is like an apostrophe
This letter is called "jinkem" this acts as an extra "e" in the beginning of words and makes a light "e" sound like in the word "in"

Last edited:
Hi everybody. My pinot noir label is one of 6 on the winemaker mag Facebook page. It's one of six finalists. Please head to Facebook and like my label. Cheers!

Oh - my label is one of the six also! Mine is The Dark Tower (Sienknecht Wines). Cheers!

Amazing labels!

Whoah - you guys are good. I'm gonna have to elevate my game significantly.

My labels are saved in a file on my laptop. Can anybody walk me through how to post them here? Can't figure out the URL thing, and they won't copy/paste.

Whoah - you guys are good. I'm gonna have to elevate my game significantly.

My labels are saved in a file on my laptop. Can anybody walk me through how to post them here? Can't figure out the URL thing, and they won't copy/paste.

You can upload them as "attachments." There is an icon of a paper clip in the tool bar above the text box where you type the message that you wish to post. Hit the paper clip, and a dialog box opens where you can browse to the image files you wish us to see.

The labels I see posted are simply amazing!! Most are far better than any professional label I have seen..

I am thinking of starting a "design a label for johnT" contest. Top prize is a bottle of my 2014 chillean cabernet and a bottle of my 2013 Riesling (to be sent to your home).

I would like a generic label that I can apply to all my wines. Other than that, no rules.

What do you guys think??? If a bad idea, I will remove this posting..

Hey John, I like it and I'm in either way. I'll take it a step farther, if I come up with something that works for you I'll also print and give you the masters, 4 up on whatever stock you choose so you can run them through your printer for the variety, year, ABV, etc. 500 sheets would set you up for quite a while since I'm guessing you'd just label "gift" or "display" bottles.

You'll have to give up some info for everyone though. Preferences on Colors, paper types, info that needs to be included and importantly any major dislikes.

Fun Idea! You could call it the "It's all about John and HIS wines Contest":)

Latest posts

Back