Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working on designing my label designs for our non-grape wines which will be marketed as "Prairie Elements" wines. Here's one I worked up for my apple. It will be a one-piece wrap around label.

10458129_714678125298253_3827733983418243665_n.jpg

9802_714678148631584_5284128256141469356_n.jpg

1525332_714678158631583_8544228758145079078_n.jpg

10897743_714678195298246_9051583761799529880_n.jpg

I received notice from my son 18 months ago to start his Wedding wine. He purposed to to my future Daughter in Law last fall at a state park near Mount Rainier. I made these labels for the wine!

Pinot Grigio
1 Ryan and Sarah label  draft.jpg

Pinot Noir
1 Ryan and Sarah label  red wine draft.jpg

The wine turned out GREAT!!!!!
and there's some "Proud Pappa Syndrome" going on here :i

Can anyone tell me if this label is appropriate for wine?

Not sure what you mean by "appropriate," unless you are referring to the word "Flaming" which, in addition to meaning hot or on fire, has come to mean a number of things:

a. to verbally attack
b. a blatant sexual orientation
c. a British modifier similar to our "frigging"

In any case I would not worry about it. The graphic in the label makes your intention clear. I am interested, however, in how you got it to 20% ABV. Did you fortify the wine?

Also, the label may have a typo if the grapes were Barbera-Merlot and not Barbara-Merlot.

Not sure what you mean by "appropriate," unless you are referring to the word "Flaming" which, in addition to meaning hot or on fire, has come to mean a number of things:

a. to verbally attack
b. a blatant sexual orientation
c. a British modifier similar to our "frigging"

In any case I would not worry about it. The graphic in the label makes your intention clear. I am interested, however, in how you got it to 20% ABV. Did you fortify the wine?

Also, the label may have a typo if the grapes were Barbera-Merlot and not Barbara-Merlot.

Thanks for catching that typo, I didn't realize it. I did not fortify the wine I just added a lot of sugar in it to make it a sweet wine, and in turn it raised to ABV to 20%.

Thanks for catching that typo, I didn't realize it. I did not fortify the wine I just added a lot of sugar in it to make it a sweet wine, and in turn it raised to ABV to 20%.

Just curious, but how did you determine that the ABV ended up at 20%?

i calculated the ABV with the starting gravity and ending gravity of the wine.

Thanks for the reply. I'd be interested to try to reach that ABV - do you mind sharing what the start and end SG's were, and the kind of yeast you used?

Thanks for the reply. I'd be interested to try to reach that ABV - do you mind sharing what the start and end SG's were, and the kind of yeast you used?

My starting gravity was around 1.170, yes very high. I did put a little too much sugar in, but it turned out great. My ending gravity is 1.020. The yeast was just a Red Star Pasteur Red Wine Yeast.

Latest posts

Back