Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jinks,
Where did you get those odd shaped bottles or what are they from?

Last edited:
So here is an idea I came up with while making a Gruit ale.IMG_0001.jpg

I liked it so much that I carried it over to the wine chemical side.IMG_0003.jpg Feel free to use these labels if you want, I have already edited to fade in a gear on the ones stuck to the bottles.Wine Chemicals.jpg
And here is my ode to Alice in Wonderland IMG_0008.JPG
Had to use saran wrap around the cork because it was a bit small.
I plan on dipping the necks of all the small bottles into bottling wax and wrapping some jute twine around it.

Very cool. I really like your chemical-bottle setup.

Syncnite,

I adore that label.

That said...that is the only book I have ever hurled across the room.

I read every book, as soon as it came it. It took almost 20 years for me to get the whole story and when I did....well, I was furious when I got to the end.

Jinks,

Where did you get the spice bottles?

We grow and dry our own herbs (not herb!) and I would love to have some of those.

Syncnite,

I adore that label.

That said...that is the only book I have ever hurled across the room.

I read every book, as soon as it came it. It took almost 20 years for me to get the whole story and when I did....well, I was furious when I got to the end.

Thanks, Jericurl. And I can appreciate your reaction to the last book. I agree, but the journey to get there was fantastic. I also didn't like when King wrote himself into one of the books. That distracted me from being fully absorbed in the story of another time and place.

Had a buddy who noticed some stuff (yeast? Infection?) in his bottles so he is going to try to dump and re-filter and re-bottle. Cornucopia Pear kit. I decided to poke a little fun at him and made a special label for the occasion.

Perilouslyclose.jpg

I am new at this, and only had one wine basically "drinkable" by Christmas - a wine made from organic grape juice from the grocery store. I made some "custom" labels for some of the women in my life (like my Mom, Sister, Wife, etc.), and gave them as Christmas presents. The wine is "ok", and everyone was really nice in saying they enjoyed it. But the labels were a huge hit. I think I'll repeat this every Christmas, hopefully with some better wines by next year.

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

Back