Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found o bunch of 5x7 frames at a Dollar store. They're about 1.5" deep with two sheets of glass sandwiched and slid into the center of the frame, kind of looks like a shadowbox. They work great, I'll see if I can put up a picture of them, I plan on added one of every label I do.
Mike

Please tell me what you think of this label, as you can tell by the file name I did a few before I think I've settled on this.
Some parts of the label are obviously place holders.

Label5.gif

EDIT, Rotated dog a bit, changed colors.

Label5-1.jpg

Last edited:
Please tell me what you think of this label, as you can tell by the file name I did a few before I think I've settled on this.
Some parts of the label are obviously place holders.

Label5.gif

That's a great label codeman. It's fundamentally a very good design. A few things you could consider...
1. The silhouette of the dog is a little skewed. I'm assuming it was taken right from a photo and looks correct in that context, but on the label it looks like it's leaning a bit. You could rotate it a hair counter-clock wise.
2. There are 4 colors that kind of create "bands" of color, with blue being very top heavy. The orange works great since it's complimentary to blue (which makes it pop), but the white seems a little disconnected and the alc content is nearly invisible. Making the alc content the same blue would balance the blue, and maybe adding a thin white line down the side of the blue bars (like a glare) would balance the white.
3. Maybe spread things out vertically just a bit on the bottom...everything seems to be pushed toward the top of the label with empty (negative) grey space on the bottom.

Just some ideas...it looks great the way it is!

Does anyone display your labels on a wall at home?
I have copies of my own wine labels, and have kept many hundreds of labels from customers (usually prints that had a flaw during set-up so could not be shipped to the customer). I plan on someday covering an entire wall with wine labels, floor to ceiling like a giant mosaic. :r

Latest posts

Back