Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice labels, everyone! I love this thread! You guys/gals give me lots of ideas.

Been sketching out a few labels for my upcoming Chilean wines (buckets forthcoming). Here's one. Where did I get the name? All I am free to say is that we had an interesting fire call today and...

Smoking_Cat.jpg

Been sketching out a few labels for my upcoming Chilean wines (buckets forthcoming). Here's one. Where did I get the name? All I am free to say is that we had an interesting fire call today and...

Great label DangerDave. I love the hooligan cat. Tells me this wine is going to get me in trouble. :)

Cool label, great wine!

Smoking_Cat.jpg

Nice!
Cool label!!:db

First post

I stumbled across this community today and signed up, I look forward to browsing 150 pages of custom labels! I have been making my own labels for a few years now I'm going to share a few, i would love to hear what people think, they may not be for everyone's taste, mostly we have made, horror/zombie/pop culture/video game related labels....http://undeadwine.tumblr.com/

tumblr_inline_n27y5iet751rhl24j.jpg

tumblr_mogat8hboB1s8tr8jo2_400.jpg
tumblr_n20th9BG4b1s8tr8jo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mjlwi5Lzeb1s8tr8jo2_400.jpg
tumblr_n04ti5GsDq1s8tr8jo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mjv8h0pGMo1s8tr8jo2_r1_400.jpg
tumblr_mjrgu3veCD1s8tr8jo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mjm7bpLXTp1s8tr8jo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mjm715TMOf1s8tr8jo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mjluhy4r7E1s8tr8jo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mjltkepqFJ1s8tr8jo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mjltcz2J1K1s8tr8jo1_250.jpg

Awesome labels everyone! Truly inspiring! Toddo where did you get those awesome curvy bottles?

Carolyn

New labels

1) Persephone Blue - Old Orchard Blueberry Pomegranate (If you're down with Mythology, you'll get the Pesrephone)

2) Cherry Persephone - Old Orchard Cherry Pomegranate (Again with the Persephone)

3) Blackberry Bethy - Blackberry Dragon Blood (There's an old story about my Gramma and Grandpa sending out their 8 kids to pick blackberries. Apparently my mom was the only one that took the job seriously. She'd fill up her bucket and wait for the other kids. Finally, she'd give in and help the others fill their buckets. Years later she found out they weren't finishing quickly because they were eating the berries. She wasn't. LOL!)

4) Lil Pink Penguin - Strawberry Dragon Blood (made for my sister's Baby Shower as prizes for games, etc.)

new labels.jpg

new labels - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
New labels

1) Persephone Blue - Old Orchard Blueberry Pomegranate (If you're down with Mythology, you'll get the Pesrephone)

2) Cherry Persephone - Old Orchard Cherry Pomegranate (Again with the Persephone)

3) Blackberry Bethy - Blackberry Dragon Blood (There's an old story about my Gramma and Grandpa sending out their 8 kids to pick blackberries. Apparently my mom was the only one that took the job seriously. She'd fill up her bucket and wait for the other kids. Finally, she'd give in and help the others fill their buckets. Years later she found out they weren't finishing quickly because they were eating the berries. She wasn't. LOL!)

4) Lil Pink Penguin - Strawberry Dragon Blood (made for my sister's Baby Shower as prizes for games, etc.)
Very cool you have some completely different styles. I really like the Cherry Persephone... kind of a nouveau art nouveau. :)

I have been making my own labels for a few years now I'm going to share a few, i would love to hear what people think...http://undeadwine.tumblr.com/

tumblr_mjv8h0pGMo1s8tr8jo2_r1_400.jpg

These are all great looking and the design is of assertive character. Although I'd see some of them better as beer labels, I'm still tempted to taste what's inside.

Out of curiosity: Is the "28 Days Later" referencing some part of the wine making process?

I really love this label and I am using it on all my bottles.

Indeed, it is a lovely label. It utters "handcrafting." I love how clean and unmistakeably clear it is. I was considering a similar label for my wines, but decided to go with a more convention style.

Every label should tell a story

I tried to post these earlier but I guess they were too big.
The first one is a picture of my SWMBO. She studied in Rome one summer during college. One of the art students snapped a candid of her in the Poppy field in Tuscany. Years later (after marrying her High School Sweetheart) the art student painted it. We got wind of the fact and bought it from her. It has hung over our fireplace ever since. Beautiful, isn't she! And still is. That will be the label for our Rubio blend that she loves so much, now renamed Cara Mia.

The second is my new label for Valpolicella Ripasso. The juice being from The Venito I thought the Doges Palace motif was appropriate.

The third label is the most recent evolution of my Addinette chickens design, this time for a Super Tuscan. This is my usual "brand". Addinette refers to the little chicks that go to bed early. My family in Sicily are not called Tortorici but fondly referred to as Addinetti because they have a reputation for early to bed. Original art by my then 10 year old daughter.

Cara Mia 2014.jpg

Valpolicella Ripasso 2014.jpg

addinette Toscano Tortorici 2014 C.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back