Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

from the top:

-big sky
-lonely heart
-the red devil
-the dissident
-long journey
-the good, the bad and the ugly

GREAT labels btw..!!

Very good!

Interesting story about the last one. It was named that as I had started out with 5 different varietals (Cab Sauv, Merlot, Cab Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot) After blending up the first 6 Carboys, I was left with about 2 gallons each of the Malbec, Cab Franc and Petit Verdot. A VERY strange blend needless to say. The Malbec chemistry was perfect (The Good). The Cab Franc I struggled with some slight herbaceous (vegetal odor) that I finally got down to almost imperceptible (The Bad). The Petit Verdot chemistry was horrible, almost pH 4.0 that I could only get down to ~3.90 before TA was maxed out (The Ugly).

I threw them together in a what the "hello" moment of weakness instead of bottling them separately. The resulting pH was about 3.78. That batch just may end up being the best of the lot! The others are all VERY good. But that wine is truly going to be special.

Last edited:
Very good!

Interesting story about the last one. It was named that as I had started out with 5 different varietals (Cab Sauv, Merlot, Cab Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot) After blending up the first 6 blends, I was left with about 2 gallons each of the Malbec, Cab Franc and Petit Verdot. A VERY strange blend needless to say. The Malbec chemistry was perfect (The Good). The Cab Franc I struggled with some slight herbaceous (vegetal odor) that I finally got down to almost imperceptible (The Bad). The Petit Verdot chemistry was horrible, almost pH 4.0 that I could only get down to ~3.90 before TA was maxed out (The Ugly).

I threw them together in a what the "hello" moment of weakness instead of bottling them separately. The resulting pH was about 3.78. That batch just may end up being the best of the lot! The others are all VERY good. But that wine is truly going to be special.
Not to change the subject but:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0BrdMi-oyc[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
YEA!!! Photo bucket is back up!!!
010-4.jpg

012-1.jpg

In case you missed the other thread, here's the final version of the new "design-by-commitee" Dragon Blood label for Weeping Willow Wines:

Dragonblood_2f.jpg

...and the most liked...

Dragonblood_2b.jpg

...and the two honorable mentions...

Dragonblood_2c.jpg

Dragonblood_2.jpg

This label is for my clearing apple/cinnamon wine, made with one of those Coastal White kits. It's dedicated to my wife's evil Jack Russell Terror, "Cinnamon"...I call her Cinnamonster...

Cinnamonster.jpg

dangerdave said:
This label is for my clearing apple/cinnamon wine, made with one of those Coastal White kits. It's dedicated to my wife's evil Jack Russell Terror, "Cinnamon"...I call her Cinnamonster...

That's brilliant! Haha!

ckvchestnut said:
That's brilliant! Haha!

Sorry forgot to ask: will you allow us to use your new DB labels? Are they already in an easy print format? I think I might give a few of these bottles away when I'm done.

Sure, ckvchestnut! If you tell me which one(s) you like, and PM to me your email address, I'll send them to you in jpg format for easy printing from almost any software. Or, if you're Photobucket savy, you can grab them from my album: Dragon Blood Labels.

Let me know.

Back