Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ta da! My first wine labels. These labels were created in Photoshop using pictures I took one evening in my back yard. I was admiring the sunset and then turned around to see a colorful moonrise behind me. I don't think I have ever seen a sunset and full moon rise at the same time. I got lucky.
I confess there was a little embellishment on the cow picture, but the moon and pink clouds are untouched.

MLW-final_blk.jpg

Muscadine.jpg

mezza luna white

excellent labels Lori, now for the tasting when completed .:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try:try

14.5% ABV! Holy Cow! :a That's some fine muscadine wine!

That's an estimation and really only to warn lightweights. I will never really know the true ABV for sure.
I accidentally fermented twice, added sugar, honey and juice a couple of times. All I know is it's pretty dang warm going down. Almost like a good scotch.

So it doesn' t have to be a coated paper? I would think if refrigerated the label would wrinkle. The color laser copier is a great idea. They are amazingly sharp. I think the paper they use has a slight coat to it.
Had to Google that one. Yep, you can get it glossy. Not sure if the local print shop uses it as a standard.

http://www.officemax.com/office-supplies/paper/laser-paper/product-prod2040515

I wanna share anexperience too, Coating paper it's like a must if it's not a waterproof paper. best thing for making DIY label is Printed it on sticker paper, after the ink on the label was dry, try to coated it with clear spray paint.it's making the final label a bit gloss but more cheap than using a coating layer. :b

:a1

anyway, is anyone here ever try and think to print the label direct to the bottle? I found this useful link for everyone in Australia. hope it help : http://www.glassprint.com.au/

Last edited:
1236830_10201372166618053_40583761_n.jpg

My Caramel Apple wine that I am making right now.

wkingsnorth: awesome labels I especially like the mulled spice but have to admit the cheesecake makes me hungry.
lol (my favorite cake. And it goes great with wine ;) )

I wanna share anexperience too, Coating paper it's like a must if it's not a waterproof paper. best thing for making DIY label is Printed it on sticker paper, after the ink on the label was dry, try to coated it with clear spray paint.it's making the final label a bit gloss but more cheap than using a coating layer. :b

:a1

anyway, is anyone here ever try and think to print the label direct to the bottle? I found this useful link for everyone in Australia. hope it help : http://www.glassprint.com.au/

The screen printed bottles are absolutely the most beautiful in my opinion. There are a few places out in California that I know of that do short runs (like a case), but it's really expensive (rightfully so).

I did it once at home by making a stencil and sponging paint. It looked great, but it was a very simple design like Charles Smith wines.

Here are some more label for Wines that are in the works

1236013_10201381277445818_1412658667_n.jpg

1238742_10201381275725775_935077322_n.jpg

1231195_10201381271485669_1605106432_n.jpg

1230039_10201381267965581_1474923821_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back