Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, me no habla English....................

:) not like your selling it. Have fun , we cant all be Picasso nor can we afford to pay someone to do it for us!!

Good looking labels guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
:) not like your selling it. Have fun , we cant all be Picasso nor can we afford to pay someone to do it for us!!

Good looking labels guys!

Yeah, yeah, I'm not selling it. That's the ticket.................I'm a simple man, doing simple things, with simple ingredients.

Hello guys,
let me share my label works for californian based winery.

Swami's - Tempranillo & Sangiovese (Logotype & Label design)

wj7e.jpg

kpdw.jpg

Cardinal Rule - Cabernet Sauvignon (Logogram & Label design)

11ew.jpg

:b

RCGoodin said:
Yeah, yeah, I'm not selling it. That's the ticket.................I'm a simple man, doing simple things, with simple ingredients.

But you are posting someone else's artwork on a public forum without their permission. Sorry for being a stick in the mud about this. But if you've ever had any of your creative work stolen before you would understand.

If I find artwork that I would like to use for a label, I generally write to the owner seeking permission explaining that it is for a few personal bottles, nothing is sold and I may post it on a web page. Only one artist has ever said no.

How do you get there address?? I wouldn't even know where to begin in contacting these artist. I cant even make out most of their signatures. If it will make you happy I will no longer post my labels on here

Lets not ruin a good thing here, we have all enjoyed posting our labels and we have all enjoyed viewing them, lets just settle down a little and keep up the good thing we have going, this is a amature home wine making forum and I am pretty sure no one is going to jail

Not trying to ruin anything. Merely suggesting that one pause and think before they use artwork that belongs to someone else. It certainly can't hurt to make every effort to find out who owns it and get their permission.

I am speaking from experience. I made the mistake of grabbing some internet art, making a label, and posting it on my web page. I received a curt letter from an attorney asking me to remove the stolen art from the public space. Ever since then I have either sought permission to use art or, if I could not find an owner, have never posted those labels in public.

I've been on the flip side also. I've had some of my photographs and original illustrations stolen and used on other commercial web pages.

By the way, that bird watercolor is absolutely gorgeous! RC, do you remember where you found it? I may want to use it on a label or two.

Greg,

That was my point, most of us on here are not selling commercial, yes Absolutly I could see if I stole art work and posted the label on the web for sale.

I think you misunderstood. I did not post a label for sale. I made a label for my amateur homemade wine that I posted on my personal blog web site. The fact that I used it and then made it public was what drew the attorney's attention.

Rob and others please do not take this lightly. Ignorance of the law is not a legal excuse. We do understand because we have been on the flip side. We had our photos stolen off of our website. And we did a take down notice through their ISP. If said person did not remove our photos, their ISP by law is required to shut them down."

Tess, it is not hard to find the owner. Just do a "who is" and you have all the information you have. One can find the owner in less that 5 minutes.
President Clinton brought into law, "DMCA Digital Millinieum Copyright Act" take down which virtually covers anything you find on the Internet even if it does not have a copyright notice.

Thanks Sammy. I only brought up this issue because RC posted that he plagiarized it from the internet and mistakenly assumed it was fair game. That is absolutely not correct. I can't believe I am here having to defend NOT STEALING.

well, the last page and a half just took the fun out of this forum. thanks guys guess i'll have to go back to less harmful things like clubbing some baby seals, or manufacturing meth. we all understand that stealing is illegal, we don't need the reminder, and since i'm only using the labels for private use the only way i figure anyone is going to know that i "Borrowed" it is by sharing the picture on this site. i guess i can just start skipping that last part.

Thanks Sammy. I only brought up this issue because RC posted that he plagiarized it from the internet and mistakenly assumed it was fair game. That is absolutely not correct. I can't believe I am here having to defend NOT STEALING.

I apologize for my ignorance. I will attempt to find owners name for you and apologize to him.

Maybe this was a good thread, if nothing else, for other people to know as they go forward.

In my defense, I fully thought that any artwork that did not contain a copyright, was fair game.

Seriously, don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry if the truth puts a damper on your fun. I would not have said anything at all except it was posted here that it was assumed to be ok to take others art if there is no copyright information. All I did was point out that the law says otherwise. One little sentence. I did not mean to incite a war about this. I didn't realize that I had struck such a nerve.

Please, everyone, understand - I am not judging you. All I wanted to do was share my experience, correct the error and make you aware of the law. Other than that I don't care what you post here. I WANT to see your labels. It's up to the site administrators to say whether or not they want labels posted here.

Latest posts

Back