Post your labels here

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Noontime

Custom Label Printing & Design
Reaction score
Here's a silly question....

At what point in the process do you arrive at a name? When you're thinking about creating a batch? During the process? At bottle?

ps: there's some really awesome labels and names in here... :)
I use the same philosophy as I would for a child... don't name them until you know them. :) The name of a wine (and the overall design as a whole) is used to identify it, just like you choose your clothes to identify yourself. A good place to start is deciding if you want your label to be about you, or about the wine. Both are great, but point you in different directions in design (and the name is a huge part of the design). Then you decide what the attitude will be... funny, whimsical, serious, etc. Decide what you want people to feel when they see your label and read your name, what reaction do you want them to have?

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
4.5 cases bottled about a month ago. Finally got around to labels and foils today.
Jim, maybe a silly question but when you say "foiled" is that an expression or do you really use foils?

M38A1

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a bottle aging called "Crap Shoot". Does that count? :)

Johny99

Reaction score
Ok, you asked. I like the crest, particularly 5he tree though I can’t say why. However, the colors are a bit jarring to me. Maybe tone them down a bit!

Just my $.02 of course. And I’m just finishing a bottle of 2014 red blend on the deck, so my judgement could just be a bit clouded.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Reaction score
Scanned my family seal with my phone, tweaked it a bit and made these labels. Any thoughts Good or bad? View attachment 50281
I do something similar with my labels and, like another poster has suggested, I like the simpler designs best. As far as naming them, I listen to a lot of 60's and 70's music while working in the wine room. So, whatever song grabs me usually ends up on the label.

IMG_1534689986.627146.jpg

Dennis Griffith

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, you asked. I like the crest, particularly 5he tree though I can’t say why. However, the colors are a bit jarring to me. Maybe tone them down a bit!

Just my $.02 of course. And I’m just finishing a bottle of 2014 red blend on the deck, so my judgement could just be a bit clouded.
Keep drinking that juice on the deck. Here's a new study that says you may live longer!

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-02-20/study-drinking-alcohol-more-important-than-exercise-to-living-past-90

CK55

Banned
Reaction score
Nice labels guys! really liking them. Idk why but ive always had a obsession with older french wine labels because they are usually pretty cool.

RobertChartier

Reaction score
Some of the wine labels here look very professional. On the other hand, most of my wine labels are done on a whim. I recently did a Vieux Chateau du Roi (RJS) wine kit, and as it translates to "old castle of the King" I took a photo of a cross-stitch I did nearly 30 years ago, and went with that.Viex Chateaus Du Roi Label.png

skyfire322

Reaction score
Some of the wine labels here look very professional. On the other hand, most of my wine labels are done on a whim. I recently did a Vieux Chateau du Roi (RJS) wine kit, and as it translates to "old castle of the King" I took a photo of a cross-stitch I did nearly 30 years ago, and went with that.View attachment 50976
I love that label!

Latest posts