Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 110144

I had to laugh at this one. Wife and I honeymooned in Belize - first half up in the mountains/jungle. I'm very much an early bird, my wife very much not. On day one, I woke up early and decided to go on a hike while I waited for her to arise. As suggested, I checked in with the front desk (lots of Jaguars in the area) and went on my way to march a few miles down to a waterfall we'd been told about. While I did see several jaguar prints, no large cats were encountered. But on my way back, I stepped into a small (probably 2-3x the diameter of my leg) patch of what I can only imagine was quicksand of some sort. Fortunately, it was only one foot in it, but I immediately sank in up to my knee. It was quite a surprise, and between that and the cats, I can see why the front desk wanted you to check in before wandering off. Be careful out there, @vinny
I spent so many years of my childhood practicing for quicksand, it would finally vindicate my efforts to see some. A little rock hopping over lava could be a good time too!

View attachment 110144

I had to laugh at this one. Wife and I honeymooned in Belize - first half up in the mountains/jungle. I'm very much an early bird, my wife very much not. On day one, I woke up early and decided to go on a hike while I waited for her to arise. As suggested, I checked in with the front desk (lots of Jaguars in the area) and went on my way to march a few miles down to a waterfall we'd been told about. While I did see several jaguar prints, no large cats were encountered. But on my way back, I stepped into a small (probably 2-3x the diameter of my leg) patch of what I can only imagine was quicksand of some sort. Fortunately, it was only one foot in it, but I immediately sank in up to my knee. It was quite a surprise, and between that and the cats, I can see why the front desk wanted you to check in before wandering off. Be careful out there, @vinny
Thanks, Jim. That graphic on quicksand gave me a chuckle. A lot of members probably do not remember the serials that local theaters showed in the 1940's and 1950's. You would get an episode of the serial and then have to come back the next week to see how the hero or heroine escaped quicksand, collapsing walls, runaway trains, etc. Every episode would leave you hanging to talk all week with your friends about the possible scenarios in the next episode. Clever marketing tactic.

We also had our share of "quicksand" traps in the woods around where we lived and took great pains to avoid the areas. When I think about it now, I am amused. It would be inconceivable that our parents would let us play in such areas, I mean with all the danger.... Or would it? (Bwa ha ha ha ha)

Sorry to tell you that Valentines Day is a Wednesday. Valentine's Taco Tuesday was last year. Context, context, context
425607181_10159389782782234_3724677560439221355_n.jpg

If I want to be snit about it – and I think I will, lol – I would counter that the meme says nothing about THIS YEAR'S Valentine's Day. It simply says, "When you realize Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday." I'm keeping this image around, though, because it saves a lot of typing. 😄

View attachment 110172

If I want to be snit about it – and I think I will, lol – I would counter that the meme says nothing about THIS YEAR'S Valentine's Day. It simply says, "When you realize Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday." I'm keeping this image around, though, because it saves a lot of typing. 😄
Picky, picky, picky. and made you look!!!

Back