Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still is. Over the AIR TV has not gone away. And in my area, there are 64 Different channels available. 106 counting repeats. All free. Of course those infomercial channels take up 1/3 of them!
NO! REALLY? Gee, is that why I get OTA channels on my TV? I never knew! Thanks!!! Now, let's see how many water cooler conversations there are about the content that runs on them. Waiting.... Waiting... While we're waiting, let's ask a few people under age 40 if they ever watch OTA stations...

A woman says to a store clerk, "I need to buy a Barbie for my daughter. How much are they?" The clerk replies, "Workout Barbie is $19.95, Beach Barbie is $24.95, Pilot Barbie is $29.95 and Divorced Barbie is $395.95." The woman asks, "Why is Divorced Barbie so much more expensive?" The clerk: "Divorced Barbie comes with Ken's house, Ken's car, Ken's boat and Ken's furniture."

Mother Earth News today posted groundhog recipes. Most were from the 17-1800. BTW. Also known as woodchucks in New England. Cooked like rabbit and squirrel.
In Pennsylvania, we referred to them as "Whistle Pigs." Farmers would let us hunt them on their properties and pay us a bounty of $2 for each one (and they wanted the carcass, so I assume they were "dinner"). From what I recall, they wanted them eradicated because their dairy cows could step into a hole and break a leg which spelled the end for the cow.

I am not sure but I think the name derived from the way we hunted them. The "shooter" would take aim on a target as it milled around on the ground and another member of the group would whistle. Hearing the whistle, the animal would sit up on its haunches to look around, making the shot easier. You could not get very near to them and we used high powered, small caliber rifles. My rifle was chambered in .222 Remington with an 8x scope. At the time (1950's), ammo was about $.05 per round, so a day spent hunting could be very profitable.

In Pennsylvania, we referred to them as "Whistle Pigs." Farmers would let us hunt them on their properties and pay us a bounty of $2 for each one (and they wanted the carcass, so I assume they were "dinner"). From what I recall, they wanted them eradicated because their dairy cows could step into a hole and break a leg which spelled the end for the cow.

I am not sure but I think the name derived from the way we hunted them. The "shooter" would take aim on a target as it milled around on the ground and another member of the group would whistle. Hearing the whistle, the animal would sit up on its haunches to look around, making the shot easier. You could not get very near to them and we used high powered, small caliber rifles. My rifle was chambered in .222 Remington with an 8x scope. At the time (1950's), ammo was about $.05 per round, so a day spent hunting could be very profitable.

I hate them, as they are destroying the footings of my barn. I poisoned scores of them last summer, probably will have to do so again this year.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 9.16.51 AM.png

Latest posts

Back