Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we got on the topic of age, when was the last time any of you saw one of these? We've been doing a major clean out and I came across this in a closet. I'm not going to post any of the other stuff I've found ;)

View attachment 86033
Dennis, I got a chuckle out of seeing this notification and it brought back memories of some confusing messages from my youth. I am of the generation where in the 50's we used to "duck and cover" or get "under our desks" as protection against a nuclear attack. Then, on the evening news, we would see videos of houses being turned into toothpicks from an A-bomb blast. I was only about 10 at the time but I did not think my desk was going to provide adequate protection. Instead of "duck and cover" they should have told us, "Drop to your knees, put your head between your legs and kiss your ass good-bye!"

Dennis, I got a chuckle out of seeing this notification and it brought back memories of some confusing messages from my youth. I am of the generation where in the 50's we used to "duck and cover" or get "under our desks" as protection against a nuclear attack. Then, on the evening news, we would see videos of houses being turned into toothpicks from an A-bomb blast. I was only about 10 at the time but I did not think my desk was going to provide adequate protection. Instead of "duck and cover" they should have told us, "Drop to your knees, put your head between your legs and kiss your ass good-bye!"
My feelings exactly.

I remember saying those exact words myself when I was about 10!

Rock
Since we got on the topic of age, when was the last time any of you saw one of these? We've been doing a major clean out and I came across this in a closet. I'm not going to post any of the other stuff I've found ;)

View attachment 86033
[/QUOTEPotassium Iodide tablets to go with the fallout shelter?

Oh, come on now! If the government says "duck and cover" will protect you from a million degree fireball then I'm sure it will.

Back