Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to visit my Mom in San Marcos a couple months back and stopped and got lunch to go at Blacks BBQ. They are one of the better BBQ's places in So TX. Lunch for 3 people was just north of $60..........

https://www.blacksbbq.com/sanmarcos-menu

I feel your pain, but I am happy it is not so pricey to get good Tennessee brisket as it is in Texas.

I feel your pain, but I am happy it is not so pricey to get good Tennessee brisket as it is in Texas.
Yes, this is Texas. Where smoking meat is a competition sport and there's a cardiologist in every strip mall. Black's in SA and Austin is widely considered one of the best. Franklin BBQ in Austin is famous for opening at 10:00 every day to a line down the street and around the corner before they sell out by noon. The meme is a bit of an exaggeration. You should at least get a side of beans and mac-n-cheese for your $43.

Yes, this is Texas. Where smoking meat is a competition sport and there's a cardiologist in every strip mall. Black's in SA and Austin is widely considered one of the best. Franklin BBQ in Austin is famous for opening at 10:00 every day to a line down the street and around the corner before they sell out by noon. The meme is a bit of an exaggeration. You should at least get a side of beans and mac-n-cheese for your $43.

It's the same in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas, etc. ... Each has its own traditions, sauces and rock stars ... it just doesn't cost as much. I am a BBQ tourist, and I have the annual Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational right in my backyard. Contestants from around the globe, and every one has to have taken first place during the year in at least one sanctioned event to even be considered. It's a great place to walk around getting samples.

In my younger days, every Sunday we'd gather at an Alabama farm shop, drink beer, smoke some meat and watch NASCAR races. I smoke less now but I still can fill my ol' homemade drum smokers with a lot of good meat from time to time.

Back