Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work with a solar plasma astrophysicist daily. We have no idea, really, we mere unscientific masses. None. He tries to dumb it down for us so we understand. That's where Dummy Jim comes in, lol...

A slide from a speech we've been working on that he is giving tomorrow...

View attachment 109119

Another slide says the Parker Solar Probe, for which he is a science lead and his group are big data analysts, is traveling at 349,736 mph. That's New York to Tokyo in under a minute.

The scale is breathtaking.

Sounds like an easy job: send message to Voyager 1; come back in two days to see if there is a reply. 🤣

Sounds like an easy job: send message to Voyager 1; come back in two days to see if there is a reply. 🤣
You left out the absolute panic that occurs when there is no reply! 🤣

It's totally amazing that the Voyagers are both operational 46 years after launch, surviving in a very hostile environment. I struggle to get a microwave oven to survive 3 years in my kitchen ...

You left out the absolute panic that occurs when there is no reply! 🤣

It's totally amazing that the Voyagers are both operational 46 years after launch, surviving in a very hostile environment. I struggle to get a microwave oven to survive 3 years in my kitchen ...

The data recorders in them are just like eight-track tape recorders. Yes, amazing. And amazing scientists can still do science with them, as limited as the technology was in that era.

To me, the coolest thing coming up that the astrophysicist is a science co-investigator on is Helioswarm.

https://science.nasa.gov/mission/helioswarm/
How it works...

https://eos.unh.edu/helioswarm/mission

I work with a solar plasma astrophysicist daily. We have no idea, really, we mere unscientific masses. None. He tries to dumb it down for us so we understand. That's where Dummy Jim comes in, lol...

A slide from a speech we've been working on that he is giving tomorrow...

View attachment 109119

Another slide says the Parker Solar Probe, for which he is a science lead and his group are big data analysts, is traveling at 349,736 mph. That's New York to Tokyo in under a minute.

The scale is breathtaking.
And that is but a blip in celestial distance.

Latest posts

Back