Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm officially elderly (yeah, it amazes me, too), and it does! 🤣
I understand that! Given some of the stupid stuff I did, surviving to 18 was something of a miracle. The 40+ years since then? Seriously weird.

I share the simple secret to living to an advanced age: Don't die.

How does one do that? As near as I can tell, be very lucky!

I understand that! Given some of the stupid stuff I did, surviving to 18 was something of a miracle. The 40+ years since then? Seriously weird.

I share the simple secret to living to an advanced age: Don't die.

How does one do that? As near as I can tell, be very lucky!
When I used to teach shop class, my #1 class rule on the board was "Don't Die" Kids thought it was funny... And that judge let me off since they broke the rules! Not me!

When I used to teach shop class, my #1 class rule on the board was "Don't Die" Kids thought it was funny... And that judge let me off since they broke the rules! Not me!
Kids tend to believe they are immortal.

My youngest sister hid the stupid things she did from her kids. Me? I did the opposite -- I told my sons about the stupid stuff I did, pulling no punches, nor glorifying it. I emphasized the idiocy of what I did.

Talking about things a few years ago, my younger son (both are late 20's) said, "Dad, I've never done anything as stupid as what you did."

Good. That was the point of the stories. :)

Kids tend to believe they are immortal.

My youngest sister hid the stupid things she did from her kids. Me? I did the opposite -- I told my sons about the stupid stuff I did, pulling no punches, nor glorifying it. I emphasized the idiocy of what I did.

Talking about things a few years ago, my younger son (both are late 20's) said, "Dad, I've never done anything as stupid as what you did."

Good. That was the point of the stories. :)
Same here… good advice!

Latest posts

Back