Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did a Summer road trip from TX to Yosemite back in the mid 60's in a Ford Falcon station wagon with no air. Spent a few nights at roadside picnic tables along the way. Most of the family spent the night in the wagon (Mom, 3 kids and one Grandmother). Dad slept out side on a fold up cot IIRC. Styrofoam Ice chest with ice that had to be dumped each day with fresh ice replacing the water. Sandwiches for lunch with chips and "Fizzies" instead of canned Cokes. Breakfast was cereal in those little boxes that you could use as a self contained cereal bowl and a banana. Dinner was hamburgers cooked on the roadside grill/picnic table. Made it through AZ somehow with no AC.

1695227904199.png

Last edited:
We did a Summer road trip from TX to Yosemite back in the mid 60's in a Ford Fairlane station wagon with no air. Spent a few nights at roadside picnic tables along the way. Most of the family spent the night in the wagon (Mom, 3 kids and one Grandmother). Dad slept out side on a fold up cot IIRC. Styrofoam Ice chest with ice that had to be dumped each day with fresh ice. Sandwiches for lunch with chips and "Fizzies" instead of canned Cokes. Breakfast was cereal in those little boxes that you could use as a self contained cereal bowl. Made it through AZ somehow with no AC.

View attachment 105806

We went through Death Valley in a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 with no a/c. Night and VERY early morning driving. Jugs of water, wet towels over our necks. Same deal as how you traveled, a cooler and roadside meals. The pic shows it well. I hated when they decided to sleep in the car, though, because I have never been able to go to sleep in one.

We went through Death Valley in a 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 with no a/c. Night and VERY early morning driving. Jugs of water, wet towels over our necks. Same deal as how you traveled, a cooler and roadside meals. The pic shows it well. I hated when they decided to sleep in the car, though, because I have never been able to go to sleep in one.

Wow, so did our family! I think it was a 66 Ford Galaxies 500, pulling a Scotty trailer. It was summer too! I was 10.

Latest posts

Back