Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last year I took my truck in for a servicing, and the guys argued over who got to drive the stick shift truck into the bay. All young guys, they were excited to get a stick shift vehicle.

A couple of months ago when I took the truck in for inspection, the young lady who drove the truck into the bay knew how to drive a stick. It's not a completely lost art. [My younger son jumped through a few hoops to get a stick in his Tacoma, and my elder son is thinking about getting one.]

Last year I took my truck in for a servicing, and the guys argued over who got to drive the stick shift truck into the bay. All young guys, they were excited to get a stick shift vehicle.

A couple of months ago when I took the truck in for inspection, the young lady who drove the truck into the bay knew how to drive a stick. It's not a completely lost art. [My younger son jumped through a few hoops to get a stick in his Tacoma, and my elder son is thinking about getting one.]
So weird because all our kids learned to drive a stick when starting out. At least one car of ours has been a stick forever. My 04' Honda S2000 just turned 50K miles. Has a 6 speed stick that shifts like silk. These days I use it to drive to go play golf. My clubs fit in the trunk perfectly somehow.

1665926934876.png

I drove a stick for many years but got over it while living in CA for 20 years. 2 hour commutes in traffic are not enhanced by clutching. Our current fleet is three pickup trucks. A Chevy, a Nissan and a Ram (mine). They all have electronic shifters. One on the column, one on the floor and the Dodge is a dial on the dashboard 😂.

So weird because all our kids learned to drive a stick when starting out.
My dad taught me and my siblings to drive a stick (MUCH more common when I was 16), and I made the point to ensure my sons knew how to do it.

At least half the adults over 30 that I know cannot drive a stick shift. Under 30 it's probably 90%.

I drove a stick for many years but got over it while living in CA for 20 years. 2 hour commutes in traffic are not enhanced by clutching.
I drove Jetta's and the Tacoma between 1988 and 2008, and admit that driving a stick in heavy traffic really sucks. Leaves my left left in stitches.

OTOH, I love driving my truck when it's not heavy traffic. :)

A man bought a horse from a farmer for $2000 and the farmer promised to deliver the horse the following weekend. He went to the man's home and said, "I am afraid I have bad news. The horse died."
The man said, "Sorry to hear that. Please give me my money back."
The farmer said, "I would like to, but I have already spent it."
The man said, "Well, in that case, give me the horse."
"What are you going to do with a dead horse?" asked the farmer.
"I plan to hold a raffle for the horse," said the man.
The farmer said, "Who is going to buy a raffle ticket for a dead horse?"
"I won't mention that the horse is dead," said the man.
A few weeks later, the farmer met the man and asked, "How did your raffle go?"
"Fine," said the man, "I sold 500 tickets for $50 each and made just under $25,000."
The farmer was very surprised and asked, "Didn't you get a lot of complaints?"
The man said, "Just one, from the guy who won, so I gave him his money back."

Latest posts

Back