RJ Spagnols Port pre order time?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaDawg

Reaction score
t's almose time to think anout ordering a port for Christmas. 'm between a Cameral Port and a Coffee Port but would like to know what my W/T friends thank. What have you made, have you guys mead both and which one do you like the best? And what about tweaks?

I've done the Orange Chocolate and the Black Forest. Both were fortified with Brandy, and the Black Forest was also chapitalized. That Toasted Caramel is mine this year. :dg

The caramel does sound good especially with a little brandy. What do you think about a little oak (maybe French or Hungarian ) in the primary to improve mouth feel?

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

The caramel does sound good especially with a little brandy. What do you think about a little oak (maybe French or Hungarian ) in the primary to improve mouth feel?

Haven't tried it, but I'm all for it. I'll likely give it a go this year.

I liked the coffee very much. I added 4 TBL of toasted oak powder and 4 TBL of espresso powder into the primary. Fortified with a small amount of brandy. I will do another batch of coffee and one of caramel this year. Did not care for the Black Forest and will not repeat it.
Heather

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

That coffee port is to die for. When wil the pre-order be available?

I made a coffee port from a kit a couple of years ago that my wife loved. A bit sweet for my taste but I would make it again for her.

Likewise. I'm going for the coffee and carmel this year. And probably another batch of Dragon Port, which came out perfect. :br

As soon as I find them, I'm gonna be all over them.

I am especially interested in the caramel one.

Back to my earlier question,are these available for pre-order yet?

Thig, that Florida place has them for pre order now, but they will charge your credit card the moment you place the order! About $70.

GaDawg, thanks I will see who is offering before I order.

I'm interested , but after all said and done it's looking like a cost of $10 per bottle. That's over twice the cost of even high quality kits. Is it really worth it?

Looking to do a stags leap merlot or barossa valley Shiraz . Any input on these kits?

In my opinion it is. I don't think you can buy a port style coffee flavored wine already bottled. I could be wrong,if you like coffee flavor it is very good.

I'm interested , but after all said and done it's looking like a cost of $10 per bottle. That's over twice the cost of even high quality kits. Is it really worth it?

Assuming you are talking 750ml bottles, are you saying a kit cost you $150 to make?

I'm not sure how much it would cost you to obtain one of these kits, but most people will find their costs to be closer to $3-5 a bottle (assuming they're put in splits or even 12 oz beer bottles). It would be worth it if you a) like making wine, b) like port-style wines, and c) have a specific flavor you're interested in. From what I understand, these port wine kits really age well, too.

A good friend of mind has recently gotten into drinking wine the last few months or so, and he's also a big coffee drinker. I'm thinking that coffee port might be a good birthday present. The kits even ship right around his birthday!

Yes my math was off. But a 3 gal kit at 110$ with a little loss in racking does come in around 8$ per 750 ml
But yes I preordered one. Thanks

Looking to do a stags leap merlot or barossa valley Shiraz . Any input on these kits?

Latest posts

Back