Pinot Noir suggestion

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zehnmm

Junior
Reaction score
Hello Folks! Newbie to this forum with my first post, although I have been a lurker for a while. My wife and I got the disease in early February and are now hopelessly hooked. We have bottled WE Sauvignon Blanc; have WE Cab and WE Chard bulk aging a bit; have a MM Master's Barolo in last days of secondary fermentation.

Would like to start a Pinot Noir kit soon. We would like to buy the very best PN kit we can get.

What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Steve

Welcome Steve. Glad to have you around. I don'tknow the very best Pinot, but I really liked the MM All Juice Pinot. It came out great and is really good after two years (it was good after a couple months but keeps improving).

appleman said:
Welcome Steve. Glad to have you around. I don'tknow the very best Pinot, but I really liked the MM All Juice Pinot. It came out great and is really good after two years (it was good after a couple months but keeps improving).

Thanks! To be honest, I was leaning toward that one.

Steve

Welcome zemnmm, I wish I could tell you how that all juice kit that I gave my brother-in-law came out but he drank it all without giving me a bottle!
smiley7.gif

wade said:
Welcome zemnmm, I wish I could tell you how that all juice kit that I gave my brother-in-law came out but he drank it all without giving me a bottle!
smiley7.gif

The dog! I hope he enjoyed it!

Have a great weekend!

Regards,

Steve

There is a way to fix that wade. DON"T give him all the bottles. Keep one or two for yourself. You have to charge for labor you know.
smiley36.gif

He actually made the kit at his house and I telephoned him through it! He had made 2 batches of the SunCal through EC Krause previously and they were to say the least disgusting. He was ready to give up on this hobby and I said wait 1 minute, just try this real kit before you do. He is n the Reserves and very active with that so doesnt have a lot of time at this moment but all he keeps talking about is making another batch now.He wants to make the RJS EP Amarone after I shared a bottle with him and his wife over dinner and he couldnt believe how good a kit wine could be!
smiley32.gif

Wade: Do you recall him saying how long he let the bottles of the PNage before he tried them?

I am thinking that if I get the MM All Juice kit, I would put them down for 12 months.

Thanks!

Steve

I dont think he waited nearly that long and its a shame because they surely would have become way better. 12 months would be decent amount of time, just make sure to save at least 2 for 2 years so you will experience what it could aspire to!

Back