WineXpert Pinot Grigio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twohound

Junior
Reaction score
Hey all I am making the Italian Pinot Grigio. It is in the primary and it is still bubbling pretty good after a week. Would you wait until it stops or rack it into the secondary?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. You need to take a hydrometer reading. If it is 1.010 or below, go ahead and rack it to a carboy

Thanks Julie, I guess I should have read the instructions! Ha! Just wasnt sure. My first batch of Pinot Noir Stopped bubbling all together right around the time it was to move to the secondary.

So I went to measure the SG of the pinot grigio today and I know it is suppose to be 1.010 or less. It has been in there for 8 days and it is 1.020. should I stir it to try to activate the yeast?

No,
Take your SG everyday, once it's stuck for 3 days, you can say it stopped fermetning...
Fermentation, can take longer epending on all kind of factor but mainly temp. The timelines in the instructions are just a guide...your hyrometer holds the truth!! :)

Latest posts

Back