Pineapple wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
Would you be able to make Pineapple wine? Figure if you just get enough pineapple juice it would work.
Thanks,

Scuba

I made a very tasty pineapple wine nearly 2 years ago. It was only a one gallon recipe but I still have a bottle left. This isn't my recipe and I don't remember where I got it:

1 can frozen Welch's Niagra grape concentrate
1 can frozen Dole pineapple juice
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup orange juice
2 cups sugar
1/2 t pectic enzyme
1t yeast nutrient
water to 1 gallon

Pasteur Champagne yeast
Sg 1.090

ferment to dryness and bottled clear after 2 months

This came out to 11.75%

Just opened the first bottle of a gallon batch I made two years ago. At bottling it SUCKED! Bad! Just tossed the 5 bottles in the bottom of a plastic tote and stuck it in the bottom of a storage shelf until today. Now that its been a couple of years, its OK (300 times better than when I bottled it), but not a wine I'd make again. I made it from canned crushed pineapple. Fresh juice pineapple wine may be a different thing all together.

It's a fun wine and it is very inexpensive to make. I like to toss in some 7-Up or Sprite with it for a refreshing drink without too much alcohol.

I have used PolishWineP recipe for Pineapple wine above, and I think it is an awesome wine. I'm not one for a white wine, but wanted something for company who's tastes are more to white. I evenlike this one and will be glad to share it among friends. Thanks PolishWineP!

I have a fresh fruit pinapple wine I started in January, 13% alcoholand am hoping for good success. I also have a pinapple/mango wine made from concentrates and it is 9%. I will bulk age them until January 2008.
I'll let you know how they come out.

Latest posts

Back