Piesporter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wineomaker

Reaction score
I see on here a few topics on piesporter, but i cant find any info if anyone has back-sweetened it or added an f-pack to it, I was thinking of adding some apple juice boiled down, or a simple syrup, or leave it alone and let it age more it is a Ken Ridge classic Piesporter SG is .0990 and has been clearing for a week now, My wife made some funny faces when she sampled it Lol, Thanks for any info.
Jim

I have the same issue, different wine. Why do they do that?????:D:D

Its usually a drier wine that seems to taste like it is a semi sweet but if it fermented all the way down to .990 then I believe you will want to sweeten it. Id go with simple syrup on this if you dont want to change the flavor profile to find out what this sine really taste like and it does taste very good, just probably not that good that dry. Id bring it up to around 1.000 -1.005 myself. Im actually going downstairs right now to rack my Piesporter!!!!

I've made two Piesporter kits, one was a Heritage Estates (bottom end) and one was a Grand Cru International German Piesporter (mid range) and both of them came with a suss-reserve pack, making them off dry white wines. The bottom end kit wasn't that great, but the mid range kit tasted excellent when I bottled it about a week ago, so I can't wait for a couple months to go by so I can really try it.

If I were you I'd pull out a couple samples, sweeten them to different levels and see what you like. Then using some math sweeten the whole batch to that level.

I did a Heron Bay Piesporter that was way too dry for my tastes. Sweetened part of it with maple syrup.

wineomaker:

That kit comes with elderflowers. They impart an aroma and flavour to the wine. I didn't like the KRC Riesling when made with elderflowers. Any chance that is the problem?

Steve

Back