WineXpert Piesporter Tweek

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuster1

Reaction score
Hell-o all. I'm starting a basic Piesporter kit this weekend. Does anyone have a suggestion on tweeting this kit for a better taste and finish. Thanks. Ds

There you go again Joe, trying to get everybody drunk with your 14% ABV white wines! :)

I would recommend leaving the ABV alone. Perhaps a yeast swap if it has EC1118 with something better. The other thing I have noticed with almost all kit whites is that they just don't have enough acid. I would check the pH before and after the wine is done fermenting and if its not around 3.1-3.2 bump up the acid with tartaric until you drop to ~3.2. I see many whites in the 3.4 to even as high as 3.5 range and they just are flabby in the mouth with no zip or zing or much of a finish.

On the contract,my fine vino friend, the add SG the change will be suttle,and the flavor of this kit will come through I've made this one ,I don't remember if it came with a fpac or I used dried elderberry flowers either way it still finished out semi dry.

Have you tried your piesporter? What tweets did you make?

Latest posts

Back