picture of grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob

Reaction score
This is a pic of my Brianna blooming, this is the stage where they pollinate thru the wind, there normally is only about 60% pollination, the unpollinated will fall of the vine.

026.jpg

Was that a young vine you picked the flowers off of or were you just bringing it inside for a picture? Have you had any Brianna wine before?

Grapeman, the vines are 4 years old, last year was the first year I made Brianna wine, after a little struggle I got it to turn out pretty good.

So, is the briana a temperamental varietal, compared to others? I know nothing about that varietal.

robie,
The Brianna is a white cold climate grape, it was developed in 2005, so it is some what new, taste like a Reslieling.

sorry Grapeman, 2003 was when it was intro as a wine grape, 2005 is when it was available to us... you are the expert..you growing in a cold climate are missing out if you have not planted them yet

Hey thats what my grapes look like now. Didn't know what stage that is, now I do.

sorry Grapeman, 2003 was when it was intro as a wine grape, 2005 is when it was available to us... you are the expert..you growing in a cold climate are missing out if you have not planted them yet

I was reluctant to post that because I don't want to be seen as a know it all. I knew Elmer Swenson bred the grape and he died a few years ago in his 90's. He allowed some of us to take some of his unnamed varieties into possession to keep the lines alive. He really was a great pioneer.

Pcharles thanks for posting the pictures. Makes me really want to pack up and relocate to my property in Pittsboro so I can finally start my vineyard down there.

Latest posts

Back