Pics from bottling day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreR

Reaction score
So here are a couple pics from bottling day...
5B16CB9E-847C-4D1D-A1C6-FD8608E1AF17_zpsinfv3hxu.jpg

781CE13E-64F4-43B7-B6EA-74435FBCB89B_zpsm97ogtdw.jpg

9C1B24C1-3466-4EE5-81C4-46D34A25431F_zps5drmvmax.jpg

0934DC75-0952-4751-8FFD-CCBD058EDDA8_zpscu919r0t.jpg

71FC968F-B1D1-4279-95E6-2D16C4183691_zpsgtnddwwz.jpg

BOTTLING DAY - The big payoff!

If I may, A couple of observations..

1) Really nice labels. .
2) The wine looks nice and clear
3) Bottles look clean! Also neatly stacked
4) NICE photos!

All of the above scream the fact that you have pride in your wine. I hope you sip it over time in good health and happiness!

Other notes:

1) I would be rather afraid of using that floor corker on that nice tile floor. I would get something that you could put down (like cardboard or perhaps a piece of plywood).

2) YOU LEFT SOME WINE BEHIND!!!! I can clearly see 2 inches of red wine in the bottom of that carboy! I would bottle it (even if it is full of sediment) and store it standing up. I would decant it once it settles and enjoy!

3) YOU HAVE SNOW!!! None hear for the holidays, I'm afraid.

PierreR, very nice work on the bottling of your wine. Regarding JohnT's remarks, here is what I do to protect my floors from the feet of my floor corker:

1) I would be rather afraid of using that floor corker on that nice tile floor. I would get something that you could put down (like cardboard or perhaps a piece of plywood).

The caps are from aerosol cans ("Spot Shot," in this case) and fit nicely over the square legs of my corker. It slides easily and does not mark the floor.

100_1054.jpg

100_1055.jpg

The apple labels aren't from Stoney Creek? I know the other ones are but I have some similar to those but can't remember where I got them from cuz I use different sources

I got the apple labels from my local brew shop. Not sure where they source from. I could ask if your interested...

BOTTLING DAY - The big payoff!

If I may, A couple of observations..

1) Really nice labels. .
2) The wine looks nice and clear
3) Bottles look clean! Also neatly stacked
4) NICE photos!

All of the above scream the fact that you have pride in your wine. I hope you sip it over time in good health and happiness!

Other notes:

2) YOU LEFT SOME WINE BEHIND!!!! I can clearly see 2 inches of red wine in the bottom of that carboy! I would bottle it (even if it is full of sediment) and store it standing up. I would decant it once it settles and enjoy!

3) YOU HAVE SNOW!!! None hear for the holidays, I'm afraid.

John, thank you sir! I do the best I can as often as I can. Its been a few years since had time to devote to this hobby. I found some time, and really wanted to make the most of it.

The floor corker... Never thought of putting feet on it, or something under it, I will next time for sure.

I did leave some wine behind, always do. Not worth the risk of stirring up sediment. A bottle lost is a fair sacrifice all things considered. :h

Snow... hmmmph... Want some?? Actually we've been blessed weather wise this year/winter. Ths week it is only just starting to get cold. Most of this snow is Hoar Frost, looks cool though!!
DF53E0DE-4A91-4540-AEDF-2794C223F9B4_zps0sr4erja.jpg

0C05F3F9-F3B2-44B6-8BB5-DB5BE138AAFC_zps6z7epik7.jpg

Back