WineXpert Picpoul de Pinet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slurve

Junior
Reaction score
Recently exposed to Picpoul or Folle Blanc, I'm sure no kits for such an obscure grape, anyone more familiar with the style have any suggestions for something in the ballpark?

Your best bet is to keep a sharp eye on all of the LR (Limited Release) or RQ (Restricted Quantity) kits that come out each year. This is when the Kit Manufacturers give us "something different" or unique. For this year I snagged one of the RJ Spagnols Vino Blanco RQ kits after reading about it, this wine should be a dead ringer for Vinho Verde (my wife's favorite white wine) which is a protected name in Portugal (located right next door)

There is a South African Chenin Blanc/Sauv Blanc currently being offered. You might give it a shot, it should be good either way. On another note I know that they have planted a few acres of Picpoul down in Southern NM a few years ago as I got to try a bottle at our annual Wine & Vine meeting. They are looking for a late blooming white varietal (vinifera) to grow here in NM and it may just fit the bill!

Latest posts

Back