Ph in muscadine wine.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rita36

Reaction score
I defrosted muscadines, mashed them up and used a ph strip. The color matches 5-6. Now what does that mean ? Julie said that ph should be .80.

No I said your TA should be around .80 this is your acid. I have never used the ph strips so I am not sure what your reading is.

To determine the ta, you need a acid titration kit. They run about $10 I think. They work pretty good, will give you an idea. I am guessing but it sounds to me like you acid is low with a ph that high. Adding acid blend will raise the acid but no knowing what it is keeps you from knowing how much to add.

If you are able to get a titration kit soon, I would do that and based on that I would add acid blend based on what winecalc shows you. It is free and indispensible.

http://mpesgens.home.xs4all.nl/thwp/winecalc.html

Ok thanks. I got the two confused. Thought ph would tell the acidity. Too late for me to get the kit right now . I do have acid blend so I may add some to the must.

Latest posts

Back