Peach Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reefman

Reaction score
I've been searching the forums and can't seem to find the threads on Peach Wine recipes.
I know it's been discussed a few times over the past few months, but I just can't seem to find the threads.
Anyone have links or recipes handy for a good peach wine?
I have the peaches thawing now and wanted to get them into a fermentor quickly.
Thanks,

Doug,

Go to Recipes and then go to page 21, they start there and there is more on page 22.

Lol,well whatever one, use all juice no water, enough sugar to bring sg to 1.080

Okay, no water. the peaches are still thawing. It doesn't help that my basement is only 59 degrees. Just put the brew belt on to speed up the thaw.
So should I pull some juice out to make the invert sugar or just throw the granulated sugar in the bucket and stir?
(sorry, Engineers ask lots of questions)

Oh I know how you engineers are, lol, make an inverted sugar with the juice. And you thinking of adding any spices? I make peach butter that I add cinnamon and ginger to it. This stuff is awesome on toast and I think that would mKe. Nice wine as well.

sounds good. I have extra peaches, I'll make a smaller batch and try adding some spices
whats the recipe for the peach butter...that sounds good too!

TADA...I just hit 800 posts. It only took me 2 months shy of 5 years....

I know a lot of people don't like to do this, but, I made a second run on peach wine last year and it didn't have much flaver (none). I got a small (4 oz, I believe) bottle of concentrated peach flavor from the LBS. It worked good, in fact the second run had more peach flavor than the first run.
Semper Fi

That is something I would consider. I've done it with Strawberry extract added to a kit. (wild berry White Zin.)

Last edited:
Does peach fermentation foam alot? I have my primary filled within 2 inches of the top almost.

What yeast? I've only done two - both with Cotes de Blanc. Neither one was very foamy. You may just have an excessively happy ferment going on.

Cote des Blancs yeast ...guess that info would have been helpful up front.
I toying with using
red star premier cuvée wine but decided on the Cotes de Blancs
Thanks

Last edited:
Ignored this batch for a couple days during the Holidays when company was here. Checked Sp Gr this morning...0.990. Never had a batch go that low before. I guess the yeast WAS really happy. Anyway racked into a carboy. Lots of sediment. Should still get six gallons from it though.
Using the slurry for a Skeeter Pee batch tonight.

Back