Peach wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Hoss is it sort of like Peach Port? Seems higher ABVthan most Ports the guys are making now. Did you get Joan's recipe? I bet you could get some good peaches down there.

appleman said:
So Hoss is it sort of like Peach Port? Seems higher ABVthan most Ports the guys are making now. Did you get Joan's recipe? I bet you could get some good peaches down there.

I think her recipe consists of adding sugar until you have to forcefully insert the hydrometer
smiley36.gif

Cote Des Blanc says it will only yield 12-14%! How did you get 23% or are you just kidding?

I can testify that she ain't kidding....though I can't speak for the kind of yeast...

You guys talked me into it,
Im putting it back in the main , adding more peach and sugar ,
and a prestarted 18% yeast and shooting for PEACH PORT
so to speak, and hope I can poor it in my tank when Im not drinking it.
smiley36.gif

To the Moon.....With Peach Bomb
p.s. thats going to be my Labels....My sons going to Photo Shop,morph a peach into an old fashion bomb for me....

I think its going to be ok
smiley20.gif

Been sampling the lees again hehe (everythings good at the moment), I added some Lalvin 1122and three cans of Peach apple concentrate.
I prestarted the yeast at 98.6, But it still looks like its over with the fermentation, but Its all good, The fruint concentrate really added to the taste so if it does'nt burn off it will still be good. I dont know why it tasted so strong for so longand not really sweet (unless it turns in the bottle later) but im happy about the taste at this point.. I reracked it again back to the corboy to Mellow out a while.
Heres my final numbers, can anybodyhelp me with my abv% for my label Ive given up on tryin to keep count.
Started at 1.090
Stalled out at 1.036 and added sugar and Nutrients and energizes
went up to 1.054
racked at 1.034
went to 1.032
added juice went to 1.038
Stepped on hydromenter....went in trash........lol (the extra lees kickin in)
So as you see I dont have a clue at the moment....but feelin no pain...
Learned two things on this batch, spigots not really a good thing for taste testing (unless You like creating a new family in the way of Fruit Flys) and Don't ever lay your hydrometer on a towel on the floor.
smiley17.gif

Next lesson fireguy- buy about 4 hydrometers so you are sure you have a spare and you will rarely break another one! Give it a while and see if it starts up again with the added juice and starter. If not, you at least have a nice tasty sweet peach wine. Let it clear and you will really enjoy it. Then you can just set the bucket up on something and drink right out of the spigot
smiley3.gif
smiley4.gif
smiley36.gif

I would not bottle this 1 for awhile. Id let it sit and see if it starts up with a little time. If it dont add sorbate and k-meta to make sure she dont fire up in the bottle.

Yes, I do like to stock up when I drive out to the little wine store,4 hydros
that sound like a nice round number.
And Really thanks for the heads up on the Spigot......been tryin to figuer out what that thinags for anyway
smiley18.gif
hehe.
Did Learn one other lesson though, I've been also making a craisen(cranberrys like raisen) fruit wine with Strawberrys, apple juice, grape juice bananas, pinapple juice and orange juice...I guess kind a sangreia thing. Its been fermenting like crazy.I have a 6.5 gal corboyand needed all my extra juice in the lees to feel it up to the top, so I came up with anot so great ideal, I would feel Up a gal water jugwith the remaining juice afterI racked it.Then I would turn it upside down to let the lees and juice seperate, The lees falling into the handle and all and then siphon off the juice through the bottom of the container which is now on top. The only Problem was that I was really in a big hurry to get mydaughter to her Winston rootbeer making competition and forgot that active Fermentation and no pressuer release equal a Fruit Cocktial Missle.
My daughter Swore when we got back That I must have slaughter at least three people inthat Bathroom.... got some good pictures out of it but what a mess, and that was my Thrid lesson on this little Adventure....
smiley36.gif
crazy man....p,s,Thanks guys for doing the math Im just gonna sit on it a while Edited by: afireguy

I tried to upload one, think I would have gotten it but my pic was about ten times to big, not sure how to reduce the quality.

Latest posts

Back