Peach wine coming up!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paubin

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my peach started tonight! I've had the peaches ready for a couple weeks and finally had the time to get started.

I am using a Jack Keller recipe that I adapted for 4 liters and a bit more flavor.

4LBS peaches pitted sliced and mashed in a fermenting bag
2.5 LBS torinado sugar
12 oz can of niagra grape concentrate
1.75 tsp acid blend
1.25 tsp yeast nutrient
1/4 tsp wine tannin
1 campden tablet
1 tsp pectin enzyme
4 lt filtered and boiled water
1 champagne yeast packet

I've boiled my water and disolved my sugar and grape concentrate. Mashed my peaches in the fermenting bag in the bottom of the primary fermenter. Poured the hot water/sugar/concentrate mixtureover the peaches to lock in the color. I added the acid blend, nutrient and tannin. I'm letting the must cool to 75 overnight and then tomorrow morning I'll add the campden.12 hours later I'll add the enzyme. 24 hours later the yeast.

Can't wait for this one to get done so I can taste the finished product!

PeteEdited by: paubin

paubin I sure hope that was 1/4 tsp wine tannin instead of 14. This wine will need at least a year in the bottle before drinking. A long time to wait but well worth it.

Ya Waldo, the typo is fixed. Sure hope no one tryed to use that recipe
smiley36.gif
. It would be more like 14 years in the bottle!

Pete

Pete; Did you peel the skins off the peaches?? I have a batch of peach going, and I mashed everything but the pits, then I read that maybe I should have peeled them?? I have been sneaking tastes, and it seems to be alright???

I have seen both peeled and unpeeled in different recipes. Jack Keeler's recipe which I adapted called for unpeeled. Mine where peeled seeing has how I used frozen peaches. I imagine that the unpeeled would give more color. Hope this helps you out.

Pete

I didn't peel mine and I have 7+ gallons of beautiful wine!! It's sooo clear!!

After reading your post, I ran home from work and had a nice "healthy" sample of my peach brew.. I'm no pro at sampling, but I'm thinking mine is going to be OK.... I used the purple recipe book (forgot the title). It did not specify peeled or not peeled. Thanks..

Latest posts

Back