peach puree

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcrnbrd

Reaction score
Is there a recipe that uses thepeach puree soldat fvw? I think I would like to try that. Maybe a 1 gal recipe just to try it out.

Here are a few links from the catalog for you.

http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdOFP.asp

http://www.finevinewines.com/ProdVHFP.asp

http://www.finevinewines.com/Oregon-Fruit-Puree-Peach-Recipe.htm

<TABLE =table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="100%" align=center>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =pageer vAlign=top align=middle>
<DIV align=center>
Peach Wine</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>

Makes one gallon.

Ingredients:
<TABLE =table cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD>1 49 oz. Can Peach Puree </TD>
<TD>5 Pints Water</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>1-1/2 lbs. Sugar</TD>
<TD>1/2 tsp Acid Blend</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>1 tsp Pectic Enzyme</TD>
<TD>1 tsp Yeast Nutrient</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>1/4 tsp Grape Tannin </TD>
<TD>1 Pkg Wine Yeast*</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

*Red Star Cote de Blanc or Lavlin 71B-1122 is recommended

Keep your acid tester and hydrometer handy. As with all wild fruit the sugar and acid content varies greatly from year to year and even from one location to another. The recipe above is a general recipe to use, which you may have to adjust.

Directions:

1. <LI>Dissolve sugar in and additives, except yeast in 1 quart of warm water.
    <LI>Take Specific Gravity (S.G.) reading. Your must your have an S.G. of 1.090 - 1.100. If it is too low add sugar to raise the S.G. (Generally, 4 ounces of sugar will raise the S.G. 10 points in 1 gallon of water, i.e., from 1.080 to 1.090.)
    <LI>Make up a yeast starter by re-hydrating the yeast and add to the must.
    <LI>Cover primary.
    <LI>Stir daily until S.G. reaches 1.030 (about 5-7 days)
    <LI>Rack into clean secondary.
    <LI>When S.G. reaches 1.000 (usually about 2-4 weeks), fermentation is complete. Siphon juice off sediment into clean glass container. Re-attach airlock.
    <LI>Rack into clean secondary. Add fining agents, such as Sparkalloid and re-attach airlock
    <LI>Allow to sit for 4 weeks.
    <LI>When the wine is clear and stable, it is ready to be bottled. </LI>

For a sweeter wine, dissolve 2-4 tablespoons sugar into 1/4 cup warm water and add to wine after stabilizing with 1/2 teaspoon potassium sorbate prior to bottling.</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

MY WIFE SAID SHE CAN MAKE PEACH PUREE WOULD THAT WORK OK? AND DO YOU USE REGULAR TABLE SUGAR? IVE DONE A FEW KITS AND WOULD LIKE TO TRY A FRUIT WINE. THANKS FOR ANY HELP

You can use your own puree. You dont have to go through all that though as just cutting up fresh fruit will work just fine. Just make sure you use pectic enzyme at the beginning to help break up the fruit and pectin in the fruit. this is absolutely necessary or your wine will be very cloudy.

after cutting up the fruit does it go right in to the water or does it go into a bag? what should i use for primary fermentor, for 1-2 gallons?

You can use any size primary as long as it doesnt overflow and remember, O2 is good at this stage so dont worry about having a lot of room in there. I would use a bag especially with something this pulpy.

Latest posts

Back