Peach clearing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
I added Super Kleer to my 6 gallon carboy of peach (the seventh gallon cleared on its own) last Monday and it's not clear yet. Do I wait it out or am I stuck with the pectic haze?

Oh, I thought you wanted to clear around the peach tree's, sorry....
smiley18.gif

20070602_083555_resize_3Taxi_dr.jpg

Patience grasshopper.
smiley2.gif
I'd put a box over it and quit looking at it for a while. Give it another week before you even peek.
And Frank, go clean the chicken coop!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: PolishWineP

Joan do you think it was degassed well? I have had them not clear properly when they still had a lot of gas.

I did degass and there was no foaming at all. It seems to be clearing some now. Maybe I just need to stare at it more!
smiley4.gif

Joan, one time I waited 8 months for a peach wine to clear. On a different batch, it cleared in 3. I agree with wade, these are real tough to clear...

The SuperKleer worked well just slower than anticipated. I racked and filtered it on Sunday and bottled tonight. NO! I didn't take pictures so hush! I used a rag tag bunch of bottles but it's done!! I will take a picture when they are dressed. I'm too tired to do it now.

Hehe Thank you! I didn't make the bottles tho! =)
There's something especially beautiful when you have them all in the same bottles! They will look a little better with caps and labels...I hope!

Some rag tag bottles for you JWM! I wasn't kidding!!!
smiley2.gif

20070623_175636_Rag_tag.jpg

I've lost my labels! They were all printed and laminated several months ago and now I can't find them!! I have a lot more bottles that need their clothes!!!

And now it seems I've lost my bottles too! I cannot get the picture to load!

Edited by: Joan

I have a peach wine that I've been waiting on for almost a year. I'll have to use fining and filter here soon. My apple was in the carboy a year and it never cleared on it's own. Isenglass is my favorite fining. It has never failed me yet, knock on wood.

Pete

Latest posts

Back