PA Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For any folks interested in entering the contest that Daisy told us about earlier this year, I have attached an entry blank. This is called, July 23,2011 "TASTING IN THE WILDS" HOME WINE & BEER MAKING CONTEST. The contest is in addition to the tasting event they are having with commercial establishments. It shoud be a lot of fun. It is being held at; North Broad Street - Firemen’s Grounds, Ridgway, PA. Where the hell is Ridgway (should have just said BFE America). Submit the form and entry fee in advance and you can drop off your wine on the day of the event between 11 and 12:30.

View attachment 2011 TIW BeerandWine Contest Entry Form.pdf

Last edited:
What are you entering Dan? You can drop it off on the way to Julie's that day. I'm bummed I won't be able to attend due to FD function that same day.

Last edited:
What are you entering Dan? You can drop it off on the way to Julie's that day. I'm bummed I won't be able to attend due to FD function that same day.

Doug I don't understand what you're saying. On the way to Julies what day? Julie would be 200 miles out of my way going there and back.

I entered too :)

I have a dry red, sweet red, dry white, and 2 fruits entered. I'm pretty excited.

Well, the big day is tomorrow! Good luck to you guys/gals with your entries. Let's see pics of the trophies/ribbons or whatever the prices are. :try

Feel free to send me samples of your entries to test if you feel somewhat unsure of it. I'll surely give you my honest opinion. ;)

Half Irish and born on St. Patty's day,,, It's not all that it's cracked up to be, because no one gives a hoot about your bday

I bet she kicked butt. Any ribbon or placement is exciting. The main reason I started competing locally was to get to know other wine makers in the area. I have met a lot of great people this way like Kevininpa.

The competitions though like Wade always says are very subjectional. I entered a wine in California and got a gold medal and first runner up for best of show in Northeast Pa (this is how I met Kevin..he got best of show) the same wine in two east coast competitions did not even place.

The most important thing to remember is do you and most importantly, your spouse like it?

wine1.jpg

Beaujoulais Nouveau - 1st place - dry red
Strawberry Merlot - 2nd place - "other"
Dry Niagara - 2nd place - dry white
Whitetail Wine / Sweet Niagara - 3rd place - sweet white

I only won because you didn't enter ;)

p.s. People dropped entry forms off the day of the competition with their wine... deadlines my arse *eye roll*

Back