Mosti Mondiale Outback Shiraz Mondiale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats where a lot of the higher end kits SG's are. Youre looking to have a very nice wine!

the higher the alcohol, the longer it will survive. I guess the increased SG is due to additional solids in the juice. That certainly will translate into a superior flavor. Combined with a good alcohol level, it should provide a wine' that has the time to develop some complexity.

14.7% seems a little high though.

Looking for some Shiraz updates, Pictures, Tasting notes, you know, all that good stuff that helps us decide what to make next
smiley36.gif

Waldo,

I will be racking this kit after clarification on Wednesday, so I'll have more info then.

- Jim

I have the Meglioli Riesling clearing right now.I did the primary fermentation in George's standard 7.9 gallon bucket, raisins and all, with no overflow problems.Starting SG was around 1.085 at 70F, ending was 0.995 at 70F. Fermentation was a bit slow but otherwise normal. The temp only climbed to 74F at it's highest, which seemed a bit low but everything else seemed normal so I didn't worry about it. Bottom line, the 7.9 gallon bucket worked just fine in this case...

Latest posts

Back