RJ Spagnols Orange Chocolate Port!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uavwmn

Reaction score
WOO HOO, 4:30 am AZ time, my chocolate orange port has been ordered!!

I think I will sit down near the gate and wait for the UPS guy!!!
smiley36.gif

waiting......waiting......oh wait, who is that? Oh, my neighbor.

waiting......
smiley36.gif

I have ordered mine also along with the Peach Ice wine. I would like to order the Muscat and the White chocolate also but dont see available funds for that yet. I will try to pull those off though cause they do sound really good. Maybe Ill be lucky enough to squeeze in another side job before they are sold out!

Edited by: wade

Startedmy Orange Chocolate Port in May. It's aging in a 5 gallon carboy (made 2 kits) for a few more months. Just before I racked it last it tasted REALLY good. Your going to like this one. I'm looking forward to the Peach Ice Wine.

I have ordered both and am deciding on 1 of the other 2 consisting of the White choc port or the Orange muscat. Decisions,Decisions!

I made a cellar craft orange muscat port last Dec. A little too sweet for me, but still pretty good flavor.

uavwmn...is he there yet?
smiley36.gif

Ok, I have the O.C. Port, the Peach Ice wine, and the Orange Muscat ordered. Maybe next year I will get the white chocolate if they offer it again or maybe there will be some left in a few months that i can grab 1 later but for now that will do.

made the orange port,yes its a little sweet,but very good tasteing,also remember port should set for a long time to be good,had the chololate port kit for months now still no time to make, made for one of our club members tasted it yesterday good taste but a little thin ,I have the vidal out of juice maybe I,ll try adding some of my homemade orange extract to make it instead of buying it?(made vin d orande before (french wine) same thing as above.

made some peach wine this week though,28# of jersey peaches,6# of cane sugar (simple syurp) and 2 gallons of bottled water,yeilded almost 6 gallons of product.

great peach flavor,after 3 days of braking down with pectin ezm.removed the must bag,added the yeast and other chemicals,you all know the drill,,then made a F/pac with the balance of the bag,pulled some of it 2/3rds of a ball jar and added everclear to the balance,let thatset up to make peach extract,took the balance of the peach bag placed that in a big sauce pan and added 2# of sugar to it and cook it down to make peach butter and ham baste nothing left to waste and the taste was great,thats after getting up at 4 in the morning and installing a furnace and ac system,very tired,not as young as i once was////////////////////////////Edited by: joeswine

I am a few weeks away from bottling my O/C Port. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for just the right time. One question though to anyone who has made one of these before:

The instructions say to filter the port, but I have allowed this stuff to bulk age a long time and at the last racking I did, there was absolutely no sediment in the bottom of the carboy. Do you think I need to filter?

Oh! the taste was
smiley4.gif
!

Salute!
smiley1.gif

It is not a necessity. these instructions are made for people who do not typically wait as long as some of us and bottle when instructions say they can and BOY would that port drop some sediment in the bottle.

didn,t filter mine either,it is a2005 vintage and getting older like most ports it should get better with age,.

Ok, had to come up from the gate, I was getting wet in the monsoon rain!! And George sent it on the 4th. So........waiting......waiting........oooh....it is so hard to wait!!!

In the meantime I started the MM Riveria Caberlot.
smiley36.gif

Do remember, any fine wine is worth the wait!! I mean this waiting for the kit won't be half as bad as waiting for the darn thing to age!!
Have Fun...

wine-O, at least waiting down at the gate you KNOW the darn Fed-X guy is going to roll up with a kit in a couple of days.

MONTHS of waiting for that sweet necter to age is excuciating!!
smiley36.gif

Finally pulled the rest of the info out of Spagnols. The descriptions should be complete.

Latest posts

Back