Cellar Craft oopsy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uavwmn

Reaction score
Dang!!! After NOT making any kit since last winter, I forgot how to follow directions!!

I took my CC Argentenian Malbec from fermentor bucket to carboy. Added the oak.....the clarifier and the stabilizer!!! Realized my mistake 2 weeks later.
Is this going to be ok????? Someone please say YES Kathie, it will be fine!!
smiley19.gif

You may want to try stirring it up really good then making a yeast starter from some apple juice and a fresh pack of yeast. Check the SG first!

Before you go pitching any more yeast ...... What was the SG when you racked to the secondary, had it finished fermenting? I know I let mine finish in the primary most of the time.

uavwmn said:
Dang!!! After NOT making any kit since last winter, I forgot how to follow directions!!

I took my CC Argentenian Malbec from fermentor bucket to carboy. Added the oak.....the clarifier and the stabilizer!!! Realized my mistake 2 weeks later.
Is this going to be ok????? Someone please say YES Kathie, it will be fine!!
smiley19.gif

what did you add for the stabilizers? Was is k-meta and sorbate? if so I don't think you will be able to start the fermentation again.

Vcasey, it had finished fermenting. I believe the finishing SG was .990. Have to check my notes.

LittleLeroy, it was the stabilizer that came with the kit.

I think you are set just let it do its thing. The wine will not be hurt if you leave it alone so it gets it time on the oak. Breathe, have a glass of wine, Kathie, it WILL be fine.
VC

Forgot to mention, this wine is terrific. I bottled/kegged mine after a year of aging this past April. Tis really good!
VC

VCasey, I thought it would be ok, just a bone head move on my part. haha
I am going to leave it on the oak for another week, rack it again and let it bulk age. BTW, I used a French Oak house blend cubes (1 1/2 oz) for this one.
Nice to know it is really good!!
smiley4.gif

Taste it before you take it off the oak to see if it has the oakiness you are going for -- you don't need to hurry that next racking, really. And, YES Kathie, it will be fine!!

smiley10.gif
Wade, VCasey and Appleman, thanks for the "its gonna be ok Kathie"!! hahaha

Back