oops

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so after starting homebrew a couple of years ago and due to work, baby etc i had to give up, so back on track making a California Connoisseur Rioja Tinto.

so got the everything set up, sanitized etc followed the instructions to the T.
after 3 days of no airlock movement and no smell i took a hydrometer reading which was the exact same as when i started.

after a lot of researching ive just realised it wasnt warm enough
frown.gif
(to my frustrations I didnt follow instructions)
as i dont want to loose 5gallons uk of potential wine ive now moved it to the cubby hole, (i think you Americans call it the airing cupboard) as a temperary measure.

Q,
do you think the yeast will take, now that its in its temperature range? or will i have to get more yeast???

The yeast should take, if you were not warm enough initially.

thanks Julie, ill post back tomorrow with an update, fingers crossed it takes as im heading away this friday for 2 weeks so dont have much time left to get it going

Good luck!! I hate when that happens! Now I place a dog bed warming matt under my primaries :) keeps them nice n bubbly and uses an item I did not want to get rid of, but no longer need since we arnt breeding the momma dog anymore! (was perfect to keep pups warm in the winter!)

Good luck!! I hate when that happens! Now I place a dog bed warming matt under my primaries :) keeps them nice n bubbly and uses an item I did not want to get rid of, but no longer need since we arnt breeding the momma dog anymore! (was perfect to keep pups warm in the winter!)

Hmmmmm.......great idea! We got one of those for our dogs last year because of her arthritis and she never really laid on it (guess she'd rather sleep in bed with us!) and it's just been sitting on our floor. I might have to use it next winter! :)

Latest posts

Back